Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what to do

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to do

been using a nx 90 mm plate kit . wanting to break the c6 ls2/3 record sbe. at the moment i about positive im the fastest nitrous c6 sbe ls2/3 car. 9.73/143 with a 1.43 60'.
wanting to put a direct port on it and turn this bitch up. its on a .070 n and .034f with a 42 psi 110 fuel and 93 in car. 10* pulled with 25.5 total timing. cam headers cai 3200 fti stall and 2.56 gear. stock 6l80. also like to get that record for the stock trans.

what direct port should i go with or what setup. once thats done im building a ls3 block alrdy. alrdy have the block machined and all that pistons alrdy just cleaned up the holes with a 4.070 bore and gonna go back with a stock crank not sure what rods i want. need all the help i can get with building a nitrous motor ring gaps. only thing i have is pistons and block atm. im not gonna put this in till the other blowes up. need all the help and info u guys can give me. when the car went 9.73 i was fuel weight and car weighed 3480 with me. ive alrdy pulled about 70-80 lbs out . gonna put a 15 lb battery in. which will give me 20-22 more out . seats will drop 50+ and im using heavy front runners atm . i can loose 16 lbs of rotating weight gonig to a bias ply alrdy weighed my buddies vs mine. gonna drop the mufflers . which i only run a 18" bullet muffler with turndowns so wont gain much there 10 lbs or so. but goal is to be under 3200 race weight next year. and spray a 200-225 on the stock bottomend and 250-300 on the built block. may end up doing my heads and upping the compression.

plz any ideals and if nitrous outlet or express wanna cut me a good deal and sponsor lets do this . i want the baddest ls3 c6 car out there. i work to get the most of what i got. i dont just spend money hoping to be faster. i put my time and effort into this car like i do my buisness. its something i take pride in. my goal last year was 9.6 with less then 5 grand in mods. i missed it. this year want to do 9.3 on the sbe if i have to cut the car up to pull enough weight out i will.

Last edited by dekan513; 12-31-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:19 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sticking with the factory manifold or are you going aftermarket?

-Chris
Old 01-05-2016, 09:17 AM
Launching!

using the stock ls3 manifold. ive done radius bars and cleaned it up on the inside.

i dont like the ideal of spending a 900 bucks on a intake and 450 on a throttle body and not making any more power. with the mods i done on my intake helped a good bit for 7 bucks and 4-5 hours of time. what test we done on the dyno up here the fast is about the same as a stock ls3. we seen some loose hp and some gain . but we r talkin 2-5 wheel both ways. my intake picked up 7/11 . but i know its gonna make it harder to do a direct port. which i dont mind the challenge . what do u guys recommend.

thanks for sharing my car on instagram btw NX. i had tons of questions come in about the car and help my buddy sell a few nitrous kits. i would list his shop but he is no longer a sponsor.

Last edited by dekan513; 01-05-2016 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:25 AM
FormerVendor

I know we've talked in the past about doing your car, but let me know if you need anything! Here's an LS3 intake we recently did-

Old 01-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by dekan513
using the stock ls3 manifold. ive done radius bars and cleaned it up on the inside.

i dont like the ideal of spending a 900 bucks on a intake and 450 on a throttle body and not making any more power. with the mods i done on my intake helped a good bit for 7 bucks and 4-5 hours of time. what test we done on the dyno up here the fast is about the same as a stock ls3. we seen some loose hp and some gain . but we r talkin 2-5 wheel both ways. my intake picked up 7/11 . but i know its gonna make it harder to do a direct port. which i dont mind the challenge . what do u guys recommend.

thanks for sharing my car on instagram btw NX. i had tons of questions come in about the car and help my buddy sell a few nitrous kits. i would list his shop but he is no longer a sponsor.

I hear ya there 100%. For the little gain if any that would occur it's not worth the investment. You're very welcome for the share

We can direct port a factory LS3 manifold easily using distribution blocks or rails! We pride ourselves with our plumbing ability and turnaround times!!

For the system I'd suggest this option: http://www.nitrousexpress.com/90006-...p-jetting.html * And we can always pair rails with this system easily *

Link to intake gallery: http://www.nitrousexpress.com/galler...1&gallery_id=6

-Chris
Old 01-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Launching!

is there any benifet doing on or the other . the rails or the block in the center?
Old 01-06-2016, 05:25 PM
FormerVendor

Running the dual rails vs 1 distribution block in the middle of the intake will give you the ability to flow more (1 nitrous solenoid vs 2). It's also more compact and sits lower on the intake. For a Vette like yours the best option would be using dual rails. If you switch to aftermarket fuel rails (FAST for example), the rails can sit even lower, allowing more hood clearance, and a better look IMO. The rails and blocks will flow the same to roughly 600HP of nitrous, and distribution blocks will flow better above that.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:47 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Pic for dist. block reference :

Either setup whether it's dist. blocks or rails will work the same. It really boils down to look and customer preference. We have done several dist. block setups with stock or aftermarket rails that have no problems clearing.

-Chris
Old 01-07-2016, 04:23 PM
Launching!

oh good good info guys, ive got fuel rails on and like that look. i wouldnt be spraying at max 350 on my other motor once its done. maybe if work shapes up and i can build a better one after that but heck i just to get thur this year and think about hat later. but looks like either will do way more then ill need. ive actually just lost my dad a few months back and worked for him building houses all my life. i just took over the company as of 3 days ago. if things work out good and i see its gonna continue to do well. im gonna sink about 4-5 into the car other then a kit. make it more drag friendly on the suspension side and weight. last year we won 2 no prep events . 1 with run what u brung with a 70+ car field, and the other was street car no prep dot class with a 18 ish car field. gonna really focus on that event this year. they did a series and points event. 6 races , and the classes go 200+ tread tire non power adder and power adder , drag radial non power and power adder , then outlaw which any car with no stock interior other then seats or back halfed tubed will go into it. they pay decent each race and decent for the points. 2 races r at a 300' parking lot beside a jail. so its gonna be all about the 60' . this is one of them i won last year. then 2 at a air port , hillbilly arm drop drag if u have heard of it. we seen 300+ cars there before. i came in 2nd the year before last in street tire 200+ with a 187 car field. and won the last man standing this year which was a no rule race. i got paired up with 3 big tire cars first 3 rounds lol drug them the whole way. went 8 rounds to win. and the other 2 races will be at a track prepped. so its gonna take a car that can do it all and anywhere. i feel as of now i got probably the best shot at drag radial power adder. u can only run 1 class. with my dad passing i really wanted to dedicate this year to him