Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple bottle questions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 08:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple bottle questions.

I'm trying to decide on my bottle setup, looking for ideas here . First off, I want a lot of bottle. I've had a kit before with a 10lb bottle and it would go empty just too fast. I know there are 15lb bottles available, but I also saw an NOS 20lb bottle. It's the same height as their 15lb and I've seen that fit in the spare tire well, so I could keep it there out of sunlight and hidden. Unfortunately, I don't think I can use my NX opener on it with that angled **** can I? My other idea was to get 2 10lb bottles and mount them on the rear deck. I think I may have seen a pic of this a while back, I know I've seen single bottles there. That'd be really cool for show factor , however I'm concerned about it being in the sunlight too much. I could tint it dark back there. Would like a white sheet covering them help any? I work at night so that wouldn't be a problem, but I don't think I can get it in the shade during the day, I'll have to check the parking lot. I think I'd rather have the 2 bottles since I can have a remote opener on one or both so I can have at least one on demand, but I don't want them to be popping the saftey valves. What do you think?
Old 06-13-2004, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive noticed the bigger the bottle , the longer it takes to warm up and that dosnt work for me during street races and quick turn arounds at the track .

2 x 10lb bottles warm up from 600 to 1100 psi in 10 minutes and when i do a 200 shot race from 50 -150 the pressure only drops to 950-975 .

3-4 minutes later , the bottles are back up to 1100 psi again .

I tied both bottles together for volume and ran one line forward to the kit .