Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pressure Safety Switch (FPSS)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Fuel Pressure Safety Switch (FPSS)

They suck...anybody else have issues with these things. My old Hobbs **** the bed, called Nitrous Outlet and they no longer carry them as "they were having issues", tried a new Edelbrock (Honeywell) and it was no good right out of the box too!). If you "jump" them both the system (NOS mini) powers up and functions as should. I really want to run some type of safety device, but am done having brand new component not function as should. I have seen older post that are saying the same thing..."Throw them in the trash". I have good fuel pressure at 63 idle and 58 full load. Is there any other way to shut down system in case of pressure drop??

Last edited by ragtopz28; 02-29-2016 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ditch the NOS mini, get the LPE NCC-002.

One of many features the box has...
Uses a good fuel pressure sender, and the box will allow you to set the psi you want the nitrous to safety off at, and allows it to have delay...
Old 02-28-2016, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ATwelveSec02Z28
Ditch the NOS mini, get the LPE NCC-002.

One of many features the box has...
Uses a good fuel pressure sender, and the box will allow you to set the psi you want the nitrous to safety off at, and allows it to have delay...
Really hoping that wasn't the answer (and nearly $900) Just installed all new solenoids, NOS mini, etc. to replace my antiquated Brand X noids and Trick window switch....
Old 02-28-2016, 07:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's just one solution...

The LPE box has so many features it's really in a league of its own.... Tons of possibilities, and that's on top of nitrous progressive
Old 02-28-2016, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ATwelveSec02Z28
It's just one solution...

The LPE box has so many features it's really in a league of its own.... Tons of possibilities, and that's on top of nitrous progressive
No doubt it is a nice unit...any other suggestions on a FPSS that actually works?
Old 02-28-2016, 11:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

sub'd

I should have a FPSS also incase something craps out.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:37 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think most people don't run a fpss, because they are known to malfunction.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

We had one on originally when we set everything up but during the dyno and tuning it failed so we removed it. Haven't looked back. Just make sure all of your other systems and components are up to par and operating correctly and forget about it. They're a nice idea in theory but are known not to work so just do without.

Scott
Old 02-29-2016, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Tar Heel
We had one on originally when we set everything up but during the dyno and tuning it failed so we removed it. Haven't looked back. Just make sure all of your other systems and components are up to par and operating correctly and forget about it. They're a nice idea in theory but are known not to work so just do without.

Scott
Yeah, that seems to be the consensus...all components are brand new and fuel pressure (lowest drop to 58). I know I should be good but it is a 17K SBE that I would hate to have a mishap. Goal is to pull this low mileage beauty out, pickle and store. Install forged 416" and beat the **** out of it
Old 02-29-2016, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

You may want to consider a stand alone too. That's our plan this summer. For peace of mind and to make sure we don't have issues I think those can be a great idea as well.

Scott
Old 02-29-2016, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Tar Heel
You may want to consider a stand alone too. That's our plan this summer. For peace of mind and to make sure we don't have issues I think those can be a great idea as well.

Scott
Actually, I am planning on a stand-alone with the new motor. Just wanting to get some more runs in on this set up. The purchase of the NOS mini and bigger solenoids were in anticipation of the bigger motor anyway
Old 03-02-2016, 03:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/psn1.php
This little setup seems pretty cool and can potentially save a motor in the case of a fuel pressure issue. As long as your upper and lower AFR parameters are set up conservatively, I think it would be a better option than a FPSS. Only thing that bothers me is that by the time a wideband see's an out of whack AFR, it has already happened in the motor. Just something to consider.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
This little setup seems pretty cool and can potentially save a motor in the case of a fuel pressure issue. As long as your upper and lower AFR parameters are set up conservatively, I think it would be a better option than a FPSS. Only thing that bothers me is that by the time a wideband see's an out of whack AFR, it has already happened in the motor. Just something to consider.
I think, like a FPSS, it is a good idea in theory...but if it doesn't read right or too late
Thanks for all the phone help! Its working good now (with no FPSS)!!
Old 03-02-2016, 03:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

No problem! Give me a shout if you ever need anything!
Old 03-02-2016, 07:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
I bought one and plan on using it. Lots of good safety features and it's a wideband,bottle pressure, shift light and window switch

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressure Safety Switch (FPSS)