Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

250+ Hits Progression/Dual Stage Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default 250+ Hits Progression/Dual Stage Questions

Finally got my car all back together, and hit it with a 200 plate kit on the dyno. The car responded very well. I have pulled it back apart to plumb it for direct port. The plan is a 300 direct port. This leaves me with a couple of options/questions for the big hit nitrous guys, as this is my first time playing with over 200 hp hits. Car is a 6 speed btw.

1. Timing control with dual stage

Once my direct port is set-up, I will still have everything to be able to run a dual stage plate/direct port if I chose to. The plan here would be to come out of the hole with a smaller hit on the plate, and when I grab second have the plate turn off and the direct port kick on.

For those of you guys who run dual kits, how do you control timing retard? I am using a LNC-2000 currently. Obviously, reading the plugs to have the optimal timing for nitrous is key. By doing this, I know that a 300 hit and a 150 hit will require different amounts of timing to be pulled. So how can this be controlled?

2. Progression rate with a single stage

For those of you guys running a single big hit, how are you controlling the progression rate for different gears? In my thinking, if I was to leave out of the hole on a big hit, I would want the progression rate to be slower off the line. However, once the nitrous is un-activated, and re-activated after the 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 shift etc, the progression rates could come in a lot quicker at that point.

Currently, the set-up does not have a progressive controller on it, and is only operating off of a MSD window switch/WOT, as I am just now getting into the bigger hits.

Sorry for the long post, I am just thinking about this stuff before I put the intake back on the car.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When running 2 stages, have always been told spray biggest shot first and smaller 2nd stage. With the LNC-2000 not only does it pull timing it allows you to ramp the timing pulled, instead of pulling 15* at the hit you can spread it as you progress the spray in. I run a single big stage, my progressive ramp is to 100% by .7-1.2 depending on tires and track. I don't worry about progressing for each shift or gear.

Quick Reply: 250+ Hits Progression/Dual Stage Questions