Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wilson crossbar plate on carbureted 4th gen?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wilson crossbar plate on carbureted 4th gen?

I have a 99 camaro with a carburetor and plan to use the wilson crossbar single stage plate and was wondering if there is enough clerence under the cowling? I already have the cowling cut back to the windshield. Any info on this is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Depends on intake...

I had to box mine, and run lexan front windshield.

But I'm running Mozez heads, mast intake , dominator carb, and a Crosshair plate
Old 04-20-2016, 09:57 AM
Teching In

I apologize for that but I have the victor jr intake a holley 850 stock heads. It doesn't look like theres much room with just the little plate kit thats on it now. Just trying to see if theres ways anyone has done it but I guess I would be just as good going direct port.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

A direct port will absolutely be a better option, especially as far as distribution is concerned.

My old setup - 6.0 Iron block, Mast LS3 heads, and Edelbrock Vic Jr intake. It was tight but an Edelbrock plate fit. Cowl was cut back to the windshield.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A direct port is obviously the more expensive route but definitely the best option. If you would like an estimate on a setup id be happy to provide you with one. If you have any questions let me know! - Matt
Old 04-20-2016, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Im looking for a kit( n20 bottle, nitrous feed line, solenoids, etc.)to produce 400-500 nitrous horsepower. What would a kit like that cost and do you guy plumb the kits if I was to send the intake to you?
Old 04-20-2016, 07:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lsxfla
Im looking for a kit( n20 bottle, nitrous feed line, solenoids, etc.)to produce 400-500 nitrous horsepower. What would a kit like that cost and do you guy plumb the kits if I was to send the intake to you?
Yes - Dave (Nitrous Outlet) can plumb a fogger to your intake, and flow test it. I have not personally used Dave, but have heard good things. It is worth every penny having someone flow test any nitrous kit.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:44 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shoot me an email with your name, address, phone number, your setup (what Intake) and what your looking for. I will build you an estimate so you know exactly what your looking at. Matt@NitrousOutlet.com
Old 04-21-2016, 02:05 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 99 camaro with a carburetor and plan to use the wilson crossbar single stage plate and was wondering if there is enough clerence under the cowling? I already have the cowling cut back to the windshield. Any info on this is greatly appreciated.
I have seen plenty of plates on 4th gen stuff with Vic Jr's especially. I know the Wilson plate is a little thicker than alot of the other stuff out there.. do you have a measurement?

Here is a Victor manifold with our "Single Entry Crossbar", which measures a little over an inch, and it fits under trimmed cowling on a 4th gen.

Also, are you doing any class racing or is this just a grudge car?

-Garrett
Old 04-21-2016, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Garrett for the measurement im not 100 percent I can get that tonight. My issue is the fuel bowls clearing the cowling from the carburetor. The car is going to be grudge raced. Im just looking for the best options.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Our Stinger Plates are 3/4" thick and will give you some great performance right out of the box. Our Stinger systems also come with flowed tune ups! Like others have said above, a direct port is always the best option but as far as a plate kit, it doesn't get better than a Stinger. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Tune-up sheet:
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/media/t..._flow_data.pdf
Old 04-22-2016, 12:12 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Garrett for the measurement im not 100 percent I can get that tonight. My issue is the fuel bowls clearing the cowling from the carburetor. The car is going to be grudge raced. Im just looking for the best options.

I gotcha. I have seen it done plenty of times though. One of our in house guys has his cowling trimmed all the way back to the windshield and it clears just fine. I'll see if I can grab some pics.

-Garrett
Old 04-22-2016, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
I gotcha. I have seen it done plenty of times though. One of our in house guys has his cowling trimmed all the way back to the windshield and it clears just fine. I'll see if I can grab some pics.

-Garrett
If you can get some pictures would be great. I measured the space from cowling to fuel bowl and came up with 1.25 inches. That would give me around a 1/4 inch to be able to adjust the floats.

Quick Reply: Wilson crossbar plate on carbureted 4th gen?