Sponsored by:

NO plate. SBE. 150 going up to 200

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 10:21 PM
b0b
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NO plate. SBE. 150 going up to 200

I have been running a Nitrous Outlet 90mm plate this past season and been loving it. I started at 100 and went to 150 after some track tuning. Using br7ef plugs and pulling 9 degrees IIRC. 93 octane pulling from rail.

Ported 799s/Tick SNS2 cam
1 7/8 LTs, X pipe TDs
Fast 90/90, Fast rails
255 Walboro w/ hot wire kit
42lb injectors
80e Edge 3600 converter
4.10 S60
275 ET Pro

I am going to take out a lot of weight over this winter. Have the AC ramoved and back seats but have a 4l80e and S60.. Want to up to a 200 shot and hopefully break into the 9.9xs. Question is do I have an adequate setup for 200 through the plate? I am running Speed density only, no maf or 02s. My tuner is skeptical of a 200 through a stock style intake. Also going to upgrade to a 6an feed as I'm still using a 4an line. Also going to mix some 110-112 in the tank with 93. My best pass this year
Old 11-09-2016, 09:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We love to see happy results from our customer and see how well they perform. To have a consistent 200 shot you will for sure need a upgraded 6an Main feed line, 6an bottle nipple, and 6an inlet fitting to the nitrous solenoid. We never recommend to pull 200hp of fuel off of the fuel rail even with a single upgraded fuel pump in tank. We don't want customers to run the risk of draining the rail causing a lean condition for the motor. Now for the future of you wanting to up the shot to 200hp and you wanting to go with a higher octane fuel I would recommend one of our dedicated fuel supply tanks that has a strong enough pump that you could feed the fuel solenoid directly with the 110+ octane fuel and have be able to reduce detonation as make your set up more efficient with the slight increase of the ignition timing using race fuel. Lastly there are many people spraying 200-250hp through a fast intake manifold and not having an issue with it. Now the more shot you put on it above 250hp you will see that distribution of the intake manifold plays a key part. You will have to pull spark plugs and read them properly and have your tuner tune to the hottest cylinder. My personal opinion and the safest option if your looking into the future of spraying big you should be doing so through a direct port to achieve the best cylinder to cylinder distribution. If you would like more information about this feel free to email me houston@nitrousoutlet.com or call me 254-848-4300 EXT 109
Old 11-10-2016, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
We love to see happy results from our customer and see how well they perform. To have a consistent 200 shot you will for sure need a upgraded 6an Main feed line, 6an bottle nipple, and 6an inlet fitting to the nitrous solenoid. We never recommend to pull 200hp of fuel off of the fuel rail even with a single upgraded fuel pump in tank. We don't want customers to run the risk of draining the rail causing a lean condition for the motor. Now for the future of you wanting to up the shot to 200hp and you wanting to go with a higher octane fuel I would recommend one of our dedicated fuel supply tanks that has a strong enough pump that you could feed the fuel solenoid directly with the 110+ octane fuel and have be able to reduce detonation as make your set up more efficient with the slight increase of the ignition timing using race fuel. Lastly there are many people spraying 200-250hp through a fast intake manifold and not having an issue with it. Now the more shot you put on it above 250hp you will see that distribution of the intake manifold plays a key part. You will have to pull spark plugs and read them properly and have your tuner tune to the hottest cylinder. My personal opinion and the safest option if your looking into the future of spraying big you should be doing so through a direct port to achieve the best cylinder to cylinder distribution. If you would like more information about this feel free to email me houston@nitrousoutlet.com or call me 254-848-4300 EXT 109
Great results
Old 11-10-2016, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls6jay
Great results

Motors almost look the same!
Old 11-13-2016, 08:03 AM
9 Second Club

I ran 100 to 150 for years off the rail and not until did I start to try 200 and above did I start having issues. As stated above I went to the standalone and run race gas for a much safer tune and colder plugs. That probably was the best investment I made. i also run the dual stage Nitrous outlet plate. Dont forget most race gas is leaded and can hurt your o2 sensors after a while.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:53 PM
b0b
TECH Apprentice

Will I need to up the size on the lines from solenoids to the plate for a 200-250 shot? I think the ones that come with the kit are 3AN??

Quick Reply: NO plate. SBE. 150 going up to 200