Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple Nitrous questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Couple Nitrous questions

I have a 2014 1LE Camaro , I would like to do a 100-125 shot . Is this safe on these cars . I will also be doning a cam 2" headers and cai at the same time . Is a 125 or 100 safe ? Now for the next question . I have a. 102 NOS nitrous plate , will I have a issue with this with stock intake and throttle body since they at 92 ?
Old 12-13-2016, 10:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good day, I would recommend having matching plate sizing. We couldn't guarantee that the plate would seal that well because of the sizing difference. Also you would have a step in the air flow path that could create turbulence. Putting 100-125 is a safe setup. We always recommend having an aftermarket fuel pump with a hot wire kit installed to supply the fuel solenoid of the nitrous system to keep the system safe. You wouldnt want to pull 100hp of fuel off of the factory pump, and risk having the motor go lean. There are a few other items I would recommend when using nitrous. Bottle Gauge to read accurate pressure. Purge kit to ensure the main feed line is completely filled with nitrous and to reduce bottle pressure if over heated. A bottle warmer to raise pressure of the nitrous to keep the system accurate. You will want to switch spark plugs to a non projected tip, (NGK BR7EF) works well to 150HP of Nitrous. You will want a window switch to activate the system and keep it safe using TPS and RPM inputs. I would recommend an ignition timing controller as well to control timing when the system is being used. Feel Free to give me a call 254-848-4300 EXT 109 my name is Houston and I can discuss anything you like and provide more information if you want. feel free to email me as well houston@nitrousoutlet.com

Quick Reply: Couple Nitrous questions