Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LY6 Silverado Swap...WHAT NEXT

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LY6 Silverado Swap...WHAT NEXT

Greeting LS1Tech peeps! New member here and figured I would ask some of you pros out there on a question I have for a little power adder Im in the market of purchasing for my truck.

Starting off I removed my old LM7 and swapped it with a midly built LY6.
The LY6 has had the L92 heads worked (milled .020) with all new springs, trunion upgrade etc.

The bottom end has had minor factory crank work, factory rods, flat topped pistons, cast iron block has been bored .030, and a 3 bolt cam (.615/.620 110lsa) and a few other little things.

My question to everybody with knowledgable input is I am in the market for a nitrous kit, now bare with me as I am new to the whole situation, but I am stuck on which kit would work for my setup and can a kit work with it. Ive seen a few with direct injection and throttle body plate. Which is better within a reasonable price? Any input would be welcomed and if I am poster #793,038 please stear me in the right direction of a similar post!

Thank you in advance to any help given!
Old 02-05-2017, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

What intake and throttle body are you currently running? What are your goals for the truck? How fast do you want it? I chose Nitrous Outlet for all of my components and have been very pleased with them.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by baronsmith98
What intake and throttle body are you currently running? What are your goals for the truck? How fast do you want it? I chose Nitrous Outlet for all of my components and have been very pleased with them.
Last night me and my buddy were cruising down the highway, he has a 09 Denali Sierra of course with the 6.2, we ran at WOT and I kept the lead but he was consistent for having a completely stock truck. I also have 4.56 gears and a 4l65e maybe the 4 speed was killing me whereas he has 6? IDK...

But I have the factory L92 truck intake (tall) with a NW Billet 92mm TB. Basically if I run somebody at WOT i want to at least have a good gap, or in this case if I run my buddy he cant keep saying "but mines stock" with him staying right behind me lol.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:45 PM
TECH Resident

For your goals I would suggest calling Nitrous Outlet and getting them to hook you up with a single nozzle kit. It is a single direct port style nozzle that will mount in your intake tube. You would be able to spray more than enough to put some truck lengths on your buddy haha
Old 02-05-2017, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by baronsmith98
For your goals I would suggest calling Nitrous Outlet and getting them to hook you up with a single nozzle kit. It is a single direct port style nozzle that will mount in your intake tube. You would be able to spray more than enough to put some truck lengths on your buddy haha
I will do that man I do greatly appreciate your time. Would upgrading to the LS3 car intake hurt me or should I look into purchasing one for my application?
Old 02-05-2017, 02:52 PM
TECH Resident

I would just stick with the truck intake.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ImpulseImage
Greeting LS1Tech peeps! New member here and figured I would ask some of you pros out there on a question I have for a little power adder Im in the market of purchasing for my truck.

Starting off I removed my old LM7 and swapped it with a midly built LY6.
The LY6 has had the L92 heads worked (milled .020) with all new springs, trunion upgrade etc.

The bottom end has had minor factory crank work, factory rods, flat topped pistons, cast iron block has been bored .030, and a 3 bolt cam (.615/.620 110lsa) and a few other little things.

My question to everybody with knowledgable input is I am in the market for a nitrous kit, now bare with me as I am new to the whole situation, but I am stuck on which kit would work for my setup and can a kit work with it. Ive seen a few with direct injection and throttle body plate. Which is better within a reasonable price? Any input would be welcomed and if I am poster #793,038 please stear me in the right direction of a similar post!

Thank you in advance to any help given!

Good morning,

Feel free to give me a call at the shop 254-848-4300 EXT 109 my name is Houston. I would be glad to discuss different options for you and provide you break downs cost wise of options as well. I look forward to helping you out and answering any questions you may have.

Quick Reply: LY6 Silverado Swap...WHAT NEXT