Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(Updated 3/14/17)Do i need to lean it out? 100 shot .4 tenths and only 5 mph

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, what was the wideband reading before the changes? If the motor tune is off you should not be spraying. You are trying to compensate for the motor tune with the nitrous tune. If you get it close now, you will be starting over after tuning the motor like you said.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jblankenship
Okay, what was the wideband reading before the changes? If the motor tune is off you should not be spraying. You are trying to compensate for the motor tune with the nitrous tune. If you get it close now, you will be starting over after tuning the motor like you said.
When I ordered my new headers and exhaust I got a brand new wideband as well I did not test it with the old set up . We tested it on a friend's car after mine and his right about 13 AFR NA on his car so wide band is ready within spec. No I'm not trying to compensate for the motor tune. From doing a test this past friday I know my 11.2 pass at the track when I made this thread was 11.8-12 afr because I was able to log this past Friday unlike when I made this thread I was only able to log my nitrous pass due to the battery dying on the lap top.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:39 AM
9 Second Club

Default Update

So i was able to get on the rollers last night and got the NA tune dialed in. So after we got that squared away we went to go make a hit on the juice and nothing just makes less power... Bottle was a new and full @ 950ish psi.

So we troubleshooted and I initially programmed the NOS mini to come on at WOT witch was set at 4.6v. So we figured maybe it wasn't reading full voltage we then set it at 4.1v for when it comes on.Go make another hit and it just went rich...So now we know the the kit is coming on but just the fuel no nitrous though. So we check the wiring for the nitrous solenoid, the line,the filter etc. and everything check out good.

So after all that the last thing to check was the solenoid and take it apart. Took it apart and lord and behold the piston was bad on the solenoid, luckly we had one in the shop, we swapped it out and put everything back together made a hit. Just on the 100 shot from nitrous outlet it made 520 rwhp on a mustang dyno through a t400/4k stall/12 bolt!. It hit so hard it was spinning on the rollers, a piece of tire actually hit me in the face . Afrs were around 11.8ish through the hole run so I'm happy with that.

Now time to get out on the track and see what this girl can really do!
Old 03-14-2017, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad y'all got it ironed out it sounds like it will be fun!
Old 03-14-2017, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good deal. Be prepared to swap fuel jets at the track and see what it likes on the slip. What was the jetting out of curiousity?
Old 03-14-2017, 04:07 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by jblankenship
Good deal. Be prepared to swap fuel jets at the track and see what it likes on the slip. What was the jetting out of curiousity?
52n 23f
Old 03-14-2017, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Keep the bottle at 900 psi, leave the fuel jet, and put the 57 nitrous jet in.

Quick Reply: (Updated 3/14/17)Do i need to lean it out? 100 shot .4 tenths and only 5 mph