Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about NX purge and hardline..

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 01:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Question about NX purge and hardline..

Well.

I have the nx purge kit. I can't for the life of me figure out the nozzle and the single hardline that it comes with.

Is the line supposed to just slip in and stay there?
Old 07-11-2004, 01:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes,There is a little crush colar in the fitting the line slides into.When you tighten it up it will crush the sleve holding it into place.If you need to extend the purge line we keep hard line instaock.Or you can run down to the auto parts store and get two clamps and some vacume line.Take a tubing cuter and cut the hard line in half.Then you will have a piece for each end.
Dave
Old 07-11-2004, 01:37 AM
TECH Addict

hard line too short.dont use it.I use regular brake line from auto parts store.bent it with tube bender and route it to location you want to come out.will be at the track next weekend can show you mine setup.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 35th SS
hard line too short.dont use it.I use regular brake line from auto parts store.bent it with tube bender and route it to location you want to come out.will be at the track next weekend can show you mine setup.
Thanks Rex.. I'll come and check it out sometime.. Did you my pm about the manifolds, cats, and y?
Old 07-11-2004, 03:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
Thanks Rex.. I'll come and check it out sometime.. Did you my pm about the manifolds, cats, and y?
got your pm answered you back.lemme know.also have scanmaster and nx remote opener for sale if your interested.gimme a buzz on my cell.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Performance
Yes,There is a little crush colar in the fitting the line slides into.When you tighten it up it will crush the sleve holding it into place.If you need to extend the purge line we keep hard line instaock.Or you can run down to the auto parts store and get two clamps and some vacume line.Take a tubing cuter and cut the hard line in half.Then you will have a piece for each end.
Dave

I bought the dual purge tee from Dynotune.. it came with plastic tubing. How difficult is it to bend and install brakeline. I may use that instead of the plastic lines..
Old 07-11-2004, 03:46 AM
TECH Addict

not that hard.just need tubing bender and route your line where you want it to purge.you can prolly use that plastic line but need to secure it so it dont flop or move around like a snake when you hit the purge button.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in addtion to that, take a coat hanger and bend it the way you will need to bend your lines. make sure that whereever you are install the purge (ie in front of windshield) that they both are even in the end.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:43 AM
TECH Resident

I went to NAPA and got a 2 x 3 tee fitting with ferrules & a nice 6' piece of brake line exactly the same OD as the NX line. Cost me all of $8.00 & now I purge out of both nostrils. I do own a tubing bender & cutter. They do come in handy for stuff like this.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

good point jamnut.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

I ran mine with 1/8" coppper tubing. Easier to bend than brake line. Actually I ran 3/16" brake line to a "T"under the firewall, then converted to the tubing. Looks clean and you can not see the copper. Much easier to run. If it is visible though and you want it to look good, go with the SS hardline. If you use plastic tubing you have to be sure and secure it well. It has a tendency to move around, when purging.