Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS remote bottle opener owners come in

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOS remote bottle opener owners come in

well i went to open my bottle with the remote opener and all it did was make this litttle click noise (very quiet) and didnt open. checked all the connections and it all was fine. this opener has only be on for about a month now. anybody have any ideas on what would make the solenoid fail? im going to call Holley tommarow to get some tech help. thanks
Old 07-21-2004, 09:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those remote bottle openers are known for malfunction. Sorry not trying to bash your set up.
Dave
Old 07-21-2004, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Performance
Those remote bottle openers are known for malfunction. Sorry not trying to bash your set up.
Dave

hey dave, what do u reccomend for a remote bottle opener nx, zex? what do u carry? thanks dont worry about the bashing, its nobodys fault the opener went out but NOS's
Old 07-21-2004, 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thewizard15
hey dave, what do u reccomend for a remote bottle opener nx, zex? what do u carry? thanks dont worry about the bashing, its nobodys fault the opener went out but NOS's
I can tell you that he will recommend the NX ( zex is the same only different name)... I actually posted about buying the NOS Opener.. and the guys here scared me out of it before it even arrived in the mail.

I picked up a NX Opener from a board member for $95 shipped. I was searching eBay and there are quite a few going for around $130...

So either hit up Dave for a NX Opener (great prices) or our new sponsor.. www.dynotune.org.

I was gonna get the dynotune opener, but I got a great price on the NX Opener..

GO NX
Old 07-22-2004, 12:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I went through 2 NOS openers... I now have the dynotune one
Old 07-22-2004, 12:55 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS
I went through 2 NOS openers... I now have the dynotune one

what kind of bottle do you have?
on the site it said wont fit super hi flow NOS bottles with black handle , i have a hi flow valve and its a 15# bottle. have you had ne problems with leaks or anything? pics of bottle are at this site

http://community.webshots.com/user/jjj93z

thanks
Old 07-22-2004, 01:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

had a 10lbs with my 5177 kit.... I sold the kit and now have a TNT-DP.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FinalTA
yep...the Dynotune opener will NOT work on the new NOS bottles with the Super high flow valve. That really sucks. Does anyone know if the NX or Zex opener will work with this bottle?

what color is your handle on your bottle also what gen. bottle is it? a new one?
Old 07-22-2004, 04:40 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FinalTA
yep...the Dynotune opener will NOT work on the new NOS bottles with the Super high flow valve. That really sucks. Does anyone know if the NX or Zex opener will work with this bottle?
Yes the NX will work. The Zex is set up for sherwood type valves.
You canrt go wrong wit the NX.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:40 PM
FormerVendor

You want have to remove the speaker unless you have a 15lb bottle.
Dave
Old 07-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Thewizard15
well i went to open my bottle with the remote opener and all it did was make this litttle click noise (very quiet) and didnt open. checked all the connections and it all was fine. this opener has only be on for about a month now. anybody have any ideas on what would make the solenoid fail? im going to call Holley tommarow to get some tech help. thanks

I went through 3 of those on a previous car More of a pain in the *** than anything
Old 07-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Performance
You want have to remove the speaker unless you have a 15lb bottle.
Dave

I have a 15# NOS bottle w/ the high flow valve and the NX opener in the spare tire compartment and didn't have to remove the speaker. GM must have had us in mind when they designed that area. I have pics I could e-mail if anyone is interested.

The easiest way to tell the difference between the bottle valves is the High Flow has 45* valve instead of the handle being on the top. The collar on the NOS opener is too long. It hits the neck of the bottle before the opener engages. The ZEX collar is the right length, but the inner ring that mounts to the handle doesn't have a provision for it being 45*. The ring for the NX has a half circle cut on one side that allowes the "ring" to go all the way to the handle.

If this doesn't make sense to you, sorry. If you look at all 3 kits, the difference will be obvious.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:27 PM
FormerVendor

Did you build a seperate bracket to mount the bottle or did you mount it on the fender well?
Old 07-23-2004, 12:32 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MT POKT
I have a 15# NOS bottle w/ the high flow valve and the NX opener in the spare tire compartment and didn't have to remove the speaker. GM must have had us in mind when they designed that area. I have pics I could e-mail if anyone is interested.

The easiest way to tell the difference between the bottle valves is the High Flow has 45* valve instead of the handle being on the top. The collar on the NOS opener is too long. It hits the neck of the bottle before the opener engages. The ZEX collar is the right length, but the inner ring that mounts to the handle doesn't have a provision for it being 45*. The ring for the NX has a half circle cut on one side that allowes the "ring" to go all the way to the handle.

If this doesn't make sense to you, sorry. If you look at all 3 kits, the difference will be obvious.

so which opener will fit my bottle
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...28024384PDXnva

thanks
Old 07-24-2004, 05:03 PM
Launching!

I have the 15# bottle and did not have to remove the speaker and I have a bottle opener. It is mounted to the wheel well with the stock bracket that comes with the kit using a longer screw in one of the mounting holes with a spacer so the bracket mounts flush.The bottom of the bottle rests on the floor of the spare tire well on a thick rubber pad.I t is very secure and cheap.

Quick Reply: NOS remote bottle opener owners come in