Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

people with the nos noszel kit help please.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default people with the nos noszel kit help please.

I just installed the kit and #8 nozzel is hitting the vent tube comeing out of the pasenger side valvecover. I was wondering how you got around this. I was thinging ov just bending the tube up but it seamed stuck in the cover and wouldnt move. Any ideas?
Old 07-28-2004, 11:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

you can move it but most likly you will have to have it in a vise with some leverage.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:41 AM
8 second mod

Get a set of valve covers from East Side>>>>>
that will look sweet and fix it. hehe
Ive seen people cut down that piece, then reconect it with a hose and clamps.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

OK thanks. I tought this thread was dead I need to get out there and finnish it today. I need to take it to the track this weekend and see if it makes any difference from the TNT F1 kit I had on there.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:32 AM
8 second mod

Not dead, just a little slow.
Im doing a Noszle system in the next couple weeks, along with a tranny swap, so its good to see some issues befor hand
Old 07-29-2004, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

I just turned that nozzle so the jets point in a different direction away from the vent. It's a tight fit, but it works.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:17 PM
8 second mod

It shouldnt matter much like that. as long as it works
let us know the outcome
Old 07-29-2004, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am going to finish it tomorrow and have it out then. I pulled the clio out just infront of it, the one that holds the vacume hose adn that didnt work. I really dont want to have it face the back of the engine becasue its hard enough to get to as it is. After I got the intake back in thats when I seen the problem, and it was bending the plastic hose to the jets. I have to pull the hose back off and see if its still good.

On a side note anybody have any pics of the jets with this kit? I bought it used and the guy said it has 100hp jets in it but I cant find any markings on the jet besides a .06 and thats on both jets (nos and fuel) I can see a difference in the jets, one has a insert and then drilled out while the other is just drilled out. I also need to find out what size jets are needed for a 150 shot. The instrutions only say the jet sizes for 100,175,300hp shots. anybody know?
Old 08-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

http://holley.com/HiOctn/TechServ/Te.../NOSTech4.html

That should give you the jetting you need. I'm using a Holley Blue low pressure regulator on the fuel side of the system, per Ken @ Eastside Perf. It's made tuning the system for air:fuel simple. It's a lot easier than changing jets for fine tuning. Use the same N2O jet size that NOS recommends for the fuel side. Start you're fuel pressure @ 10# and turn the pressure down a little at a time until you're a/f is where you need it. Here's a couple pics of my set up.

Name:  NOSFPR.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  125.2 KB
Name:  NOSZLEDS.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  142.0 KB
Name:  NOSZLEPS.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  118.0 KB
Name:  NOSZLEFRNT.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  142.3 KB
Name:  BOTTLE15.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  119.1 KB

Good luck!
Old 08-01-2004, 04:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks. Is that just a regulator that comes with there blue pump? That would be alot easier but I dont want to mess with the fuel part right now, after I get it all set up I might change it but for now I just want to get it going and see how its going to work.

On a side not I see your pics, did the NOS kit come with 4 sylinoids? I bought mine used and I only had 2 one fuel and one n20. I only have one spliter block for all 8 cyls. Did it come this way or did you change yours over to duel or quad spiters? Looks like a nice clean install.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

Yes. Kit came with 2-Fuel Cheater and 2-super pro shot selenoids and 2 4-line distribution blocks. I strongly recommend getting the other 2 selenoids. While you're at it, maybe re-build the other 2 also. Can't be too careful w/ used stuff. Check on Holley's site, the should have instructions w/ a part inventory for the NOSzle kit. The Holey Blue regulator can be bought seperately. I don't know the part number but I'm sure a sponsor could fix you up. All you'll need is that and another piece of hose, mabey 20" or so to go from the fuel rail to the regulator. Should be less than $50.00. I used a bolt from the EGR and mounted it to the head w/ the bracket it came with. W/out the regulator, you're at the mercy of the jets themselves to tune with. I've tried that rout and it's a pain.

From your original post, the NOSzles spray 360*. You can turn the NOSzles any direction.

Good luck

Quick Reply: people with the nos noszel kit help please.