Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinion on dealing with NX and Maximizer please...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 06:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Opinion on dealing with NX and Maximizer please...

Well here is the story. I bought a Maximizer to use on my own SBC powered s-10 because of the results I had with it before (good). I set up the SBC with a direct port setup from NX with the Piranha nozzles and the rail upgrade(looks great BTW). Well I uploaded a test program into the Maximizer from my PC, liker always before it went weithout a hitch and succesfully loaded. I set it up to activate at WOT and no RPM. Just to test the noids with engine not runing. Well it had a problem and immidiatly made the noids start to smoke and click w/o being at WOT voltage just by arming it. Well after calling FJO and going through a series of test over the phone, they said I had recieved a bad controller. Well FJO has great customer service BTW I couldn't be happier. They told me to call NX so they could take care of it and I could send it in for warrenty cause it was DOA. Well I sent it next day air for $38. Well a week and a half later I decide to call them to see where my new box is cause I still ahd not recieved it yet. Well I got the run around about how busey they are and that I would have to wait for them to send it to FJO and then wait fot there response to get another one from them. I was like WTF, I paid $600 for this and have not used it once nad I may have wait up to a month to get one for warrenty...when The FJO tech knows its bad. Well the call FJO. FJO being the great company they are said to just send me a box ASAP form one of there kits and they would take care of it. I got the box Friday. Well I plug it on Sat. when I have time for my own vehicle and not my customers I decide to test everything. It worked great It didn't trigger the noids w/o setting the proper paramiters first. I though great I am all set to go sprayin. Wrong. The old box sort of fried the noids. The n20 will not open when voltage is supplied now and the fuel noid will open about 10-20% with 12 volts. I tried to call FJO today but they are down for the week. Bummer. THey are the only ones who even care to take care of me. I am trying to call NX right now to get this resolved. I guess I just would like to know if I am really asking to much of them to take care of this or am I raving lunitick? Thanks for all the replys in advance. I know I am not the only one with problems right now, I feel bad for the NXL owners who are having troubles with there $900 kits.

Agian thanks just for taking the time to read this way long post.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hellbents,
Sorry you have had a bad go around.That is the first I have heard the maximizer doing that.Unfortintly when it comes to electronic stuff it has to be checked to make sure it was not improper installation that caused the problem.They would go broke if they covered everything that was not there fault.That is why it has to be checked.However it should not have taken that long.Josh is the guy that controlls warrantys at NX.He has been on the road alot lately.I will put in a call in the morning to see how I can help you.
Talk to you tommorow
Dave
Old 08-02-2004, 09:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I hear you there. I don't think they really wanted to take FJO's word that it was bad. I went through the tests and we concluded it was the box and not installation, I pluged the new one in and bam, works great with the same wiring. Just need to get the noid thing worked out now. Well worse comes to worse i will have to rebuild or buy new ones. They have not even be used yet.lol. I guess I am getting impatiant is all I want to get this truck to run a nice solid ten second pass for the Indy truck bash on Aug 13th. Just had to vent I guess.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:32 AM
FormerVendor

I talked to Josh at NX today.HE just got back in town.He said to tell you to call him.He will warranty them.You have to call and get a RGA number.If you dont and you just send them in it will sit in the back just like your maximizer did.When hew gives you a RGA number he also get info from you and logs it so he knows what to do with it when it comes in.Let me know if you have any problems.Josh is expecting your call.
Dave
Old 08-03-2004, 10:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I had a RGA on the Maximizer on the box, also a letter inside with detailed desscription of what the deal was. Thanks alot though you really go the extra mile. I didn't even buy this from you and you act as though I did. Agian thanks alot, I think NX should drop your dealer pricing cause you are a great asset to them. Thanks agian.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:48 AM
FormerVendor

Not a problem.It doesnt matter if you bought it from us or not.Im always here to help.All of us need a little help sometimes
Dave