Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous on a Tahoe Z71

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 08:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous on a Tahoe

I am looking at buying a 01-02 Tahoe Z71. I want to do intake, exhaust, Vinci tuner and 100 shot of NOS. What problems could I run into like breakage or any other adverse things? I intend to use it for fun around town (short squirts) and not 1/4 mile drags or top speed driving; what kind of engine life should I expect with light NOS use? Also, what gains would a very mild (daily driver) cam have on the engine? I am new to NOS on SUVs so any insight, opinions or help would be greatly appreciated. Kill stories would be nice to. Also, what would I expect to run at the track with the aforementioned mods (if I ever dared show up in a Tahoe there)? Thanks.

PS. If anyone knows of a 01-02 pewter or black Z71 for sale for around $20k, please let me know.

Last edited by txss; 12-19-2004 at 02:28 PM. Reason: spelling and wording
Old 12-03-2004, 07:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 97 gmc jimmy with a 4.3L V6 and sprayed a 100 shot spraying through shifts, I bough the universal kit from Nitrous Works P/N 13830 and all i needed was a small 18" 4an line to go to the schrader valve to the solenoid and a 1/8ntp to 4 an fitting for the solenoid. I deffinatly recommend Using a window switch, because of the design of the 2 part plastic manifold fuel likes to puddle and can cause a nitrous backfire. I also hear the nx kit is good and comes with everything you need, except again for a window switch. Most people when installing the nozzle install it in to the air hat on the side

Originally Posted by txss
I am looking at buying a 01-02 Tahoe Z71. I want to do intake, exhaust, Vinci tuner and 100 shot of NOS. What problems could I run into like breakage or any other adverse things? I intend to use it for fun around town (short squirts) and not 1/4 mile drags or top speed driving; what kind of engine life should I expect with light NOS use? Also, what gains would a very mild (daily driver) cam have on the engine? I am new to NOS on SUVs so any insight, opinions or help would be greatly appreciated. Kill stories would be nice to. Also, what would I expect to run at the track with the aforementioned mods (if I ever dared show up in a Tahoe there)? Thanks.

PS. If anyone knows of a 01-02 pewter or black Z71 for sale for around $20k, please let me know.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for the input. TTT
Old 12-13-2004, 04:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Since a Tahoe is such a heavy truck, with the Vinci tuner adjusting my shift firmness, would I be able to safely spray 100 shot through the shifts or would I need to go with a window switch? Also, if I did get a window switch, could I go up to a 125 or 150 shot or would I have to worry about pooling in the intake manifold or losing the bottom end? Would using the Vinci tuner to retard the timing for such a big shot effect daily drivability or N/A hp much?

Quick Reply: Nitrous on a Tahoe Z71