Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window switch question

Old 12-28-2004, 12:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window switch question

if i take the pills out of the window switch then the nitrous should activate at wide open throttle regaurdless of RPM shouldnt it, i ask because i went out today and tried to use my new wet kit but i couldnt tell much of a difference if any on a 75 shot, and my exhaust is to loud to hear anything in the engine compartment. maybe i should just take apart my intake and rev it and see if anything is happening, would be much easier to figure out if all my friends werent on leave.

I am worried that my window switch might need to be sent in for that 35 dollar change or whatever. i am in 4 cyl. mode as directed by 90 percent of the people on this forum. i am just a little PO'd so if you could help me i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:42 PM
12 Second Truck Club

not sure if you'd really feel much from a 75 shot, but I couldn't be certain, I've never ran anything under 150. not sure if taking out the pills would work or not, you could try it and with the ignition on (doesn't need to be running), go click your WOT switch and listen for your solenoids to click. if they click it's working, if not, you most likely have a wiring problem somewhere. my $0.02
Old 12-28-2004, 02:10 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

The chips work of off resistance. I believe it will not work with chip removed since there is no way to complete a conection.
Rickky
Originally Posted by riceyum
if i take the pills out of the window switch then the nitrous should activate at wide open throttle regaurdless of RPM shouldnt it, i ask because i went out today and tried to use my new wet kit but i couldnt tell much of a difference if any on a 75 shot, and my exhaust is to loud to hear anything in the engine compartment. maybe i should just take apart my intake and rev it and see if anything is happening, would be much easier to figure out if all my friends werent on leave.

I am worried that my window switch might need to be sent in for that 35 dollar change or whatever. i am in 4 cyl. mode as directed by 90 percent of the people on this forum. i am just a little PO'd so if you could help me i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:12 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
The chips work of off resistance. I believe it will not work with chip removed since there is no way to complete a conection.
Rickky
There it is. You could throw a toggle switch in there to disable your window switch (I had to do that to troubleshoot something).
Old 12-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

This would need to be checked/.
Ricky

Originally Posted by Magic Chicken
There it is. You could throw a toggle switch in there to disable your window switch (I had to do that to troubleshoot something).
Old 12-28-2004, 05:13 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
This would need to be checked/.
Ricky
The toggle switch or what you said about the window switch? I put a toggle switch in to bypass my window switch to troubleshoot a noid issue, turned out I had an issue with my FPSS.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

i figured out what was wrong, my FPSS was giving me problems so i just said screw it and bypassed it, and you can definately tell a difference now. thanks for the replies
Old 12-30-2004, 01:04 PM
12 Second Truck Club

your FPSS might be set too high, back it down a bit and see what happens.

Search this Thread