Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2003 N2O laws...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default New 2003 N2O laws...

One of our fine local law enforcers pulled me over last night for giving my car a little too much gas in a turn and just happened to see my bottle mounted where the back seat used to be. He claimed as of Jan. 1, 2003 it is now officially against the law to have full access to turning on your nitrous system while driving on the street. Anyone else heard of this?
He was nice enough not to ticket me by the way!

Jeff
Old 12-31-2002, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: New 2003 N2O laws...

in Cali, i think its illegal to have a full bottle in your ride. If your bottle is hooked up even EMPTY and without the valve open...they throw your *** in jail for some "attempted wreakless driving or something". i duno they change laws here all the time.
all the guys i know moved it to the trunk and put these homemade covers on it. Ive only seen this on supras and integras butit kept them alive a time or another.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

The state of MD nails you twice for having N2O. On a street driven car it is illegal to have the N2O hooked up and operational. In fact at one of the local tracks here they had cops checking everyones cars as they came in to race. If you road to the track with the N2O hooked up you became the proud owner of a 5 point $275.00 ticket. To make matters worse if you have N2O in your car and do not have decals displayed on the back on the car stating that you have it on board you get another ticket for the same dollar amount and point value. For those of you law officials out there in MD the annotated code for that ticket is 22-404.5B&D
Old 12-31-2002, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a thread or you can go to the GA state motor vehicle page and look it up. I did about a month ago and the law had not been passed and if I was reading right it actually was defeated by a group of muscle car heads out of Atlanta. I think it was the Mopar boys. Right now as I understand it the bill was presented where if you were on the street you could not have your bottle hooked up but like I said I think it was defeated. I will try to look it up agian and find out and print it off and keep it in the glove compartment to keep the Barney Fifes off of me. I will let you know and post it in the Southern section for everybody. F#cking liberals cant leave stuff alone. Kind of like the State flag and I am orignally from Tenn!
Old 12-31-2002, 03:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

The laws for N20 very by state... Fortuanetly in Illinois the only laws on book about N20 are regarding possessing with intent to inhale or distribute (almost got my nitrous bottle confiscated once, even though I had proof that it was automotive grade nitrous... they couldn't figure out the law so they let me go.. i've since placed a copy of the illinois laws on nitrous oxide in my glovebox)

Go the your states DMV site , they should have the vehicle code and laws there and any changes that will be happening
Old 12-31-2002, 03:34 PM
TECH Resident

This should help you about GA

http://www.sema.org/content/?ID=8882...ide+Systems%22

http://www.sema.org/content/?ID=8915...ide+Systems%22
Old 12-31-2002, 08:47 PM
TECH Resident

I've ran nitrous of some sort on street cars since 1989 and the laws vary from state to state and even town to town. A town can pass an ordinance against it. There is a town just 5 miles away from Raleigh, here in NC that will impound your car for nitrous oxide on board if you dont have a permit for transporting compressed gas. No ****.
Old 01-01-2003, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

B18BLS1, I'll ask my neighbor tomorrow he might know. By the way was that you in your white SS at church the other day(hebron).I was the black Z pulling away when you were walking out. I talked to you at SDR when you were down there running.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:36 AM
7 Second Club

In Florida I believe you can be ticketed (and jailed now!) for racing if you have a bottle and it's on! I don't believe they can ticket you for it just being in the car (hopefully!)

Derek
Old 01-01-2003, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

The whole stick about nitrous in Ga. was started in Gainesville I believe. A few years back a ricer wrecked at the end of West By-Pass. The guy was showing off and used his nitrous and in the process, he severely hurt a couple of folks{maybe one died, can't rember}. There was a girl in the car with him{I think she was the one that died}. The girls father was pretty high up and started yapping about outlawing the stuff. Every year since, they have tried to pass a law about it.
Looks like they finally did it.
I understand the intentions behind it. But, the guy would have most likely wrecked anyway. What would the speed difference had been If he had not been spraying 15 mph or so? Would it have made a difference-most likely not. Dern Democrates, always trying to protect everyone from themselves!! When are folks going to learn that you can't idiot proof the world.
Old 01-02-2003, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ZR2877:
<strong> B18BLS1, I'll ask my neighbor tomorrow he might know. By the way was that you in your white SS at church the other day(hebron).I was the black Z pulling away when you were walking out. I talked to you at SDR when you were down there running. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, that was me!
Old 01-02-2003, 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think here in Texas you can have it but it cannot be connected.

Quick Reply: New 2003 N2O laws...