Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dry kits doo hit hard....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dry kits doo hit hard....

Here's a launch of my car on my second shakedown run of this year. Turned out a new best as well. Still needs some tuning and bugs being worked out but all in all very please.

My nitrous kit utilizes a boost referenced regulator for all my fueling. Thanks to Archie King at USA motorsports here in town for flowing everything for me and walking me through the installation of the vacuum lines and what not.

Stock suspenion, Wolfe LCA's and Sway bar, stock panhard rod, stock TA, Yank T400 X-member hoisting a T-400 built by Mike Long.

http://www.qwplayers.org/~crp/beenfetched.wmv

What do you think??? I like this dry kit over my normal spin off of the 5177 kit. I picked up .2 going to a boost referenced regulator and using this setup vs the traditional kit on these cars. Im happy and I know there is more in this setup. Its definitely making the torque. Now it just needs a little more HP

Mike
Old 04-10-2005, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice run man!! And all along i thought you were gonna change to a direct port! Sounds like this new setup is working well...
Old 04-10-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PHIL H
Nice run man!! And all along i thought you were gonna change to a direct port! Sounds like this new setup is working well...
I looked into that until I talked it over with several mustang guys. I knew I wanted to update the fuel system on my car for a turbo setup later. So i did that and used the boost referenced regualtor for the nitrous kit to supply all my fuel...Its actually quite simple and definitely hits hard bro. that pass right there its making about 170rwhp on the 150 pills.

Mike
Old 04-10-2005, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like its working!!

Phil
Old 04-10-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Way to show the potential of the dry kit.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Robert56
Way to show the potential of the dry kit.
Its not a 5177 kit anymore. its more like a 5115 for a Ford. hehe

thanks for the props. It will be tweaked from here. Gotta keep that nose down now and just let the car carry the wheels a few inches...Its not exactly a lightweight. Most likely around 3350 with me in the car.

Mike
Old 04-11-2005, 01:46 AM
TECH Regular

any pics of the boost referenced regulator setup? Nice run
Old 04-11-2005, 08:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SStroked 410
any pics of the boost referenced regulator setup? Nice run
Yes, let me clean up the 15 minute install stuff and ill post the pics.

This was a last minute deal since we were supposed to go to a track Saturday to race some Houston boys in KECHME's car. The shop workers talked me into putting my kit back on my car and they'd loan me the tires to race another guy here in town that runs his head alot. I lined up with him on the first pass and the video that is up is my last pass of the night after a little tuning.

Mike
Old 04-11-2005, 09:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats awesome. Very interested to hear how this system is setup!

Chris
Old 04-11-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Slow Z28
Thats awesome. Very interested to hear how this system is setup!

Chris
Just like a 5115 mustang kit, but I spray before the maf just like an ordinary dry kit would. I use the Load on the mAF to pull the timing that i want it too. I have a seperate area in the table for NA and seperate table for the gas. 2 tunes in one

Mike
Old 04-12-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I understand everything except how you can still spray in front of the MAF. How is that not adding fuel as well? I have ran this type of system on my other cars, but they are all MAP sensor cars, not MAF.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by B18B1LS1
I understand everything except how you can still spray in front of the MAF. How is that not adding fuel as well? I have ran this type of system on my other cars, but they are all MAP sensor cars, not MAF.
I still spray through the maf and use the load ont he maf to retard the timing. Yes it may be alittle fat right now but thats nothing I cant take care of on the nitrous kit by going to a larger spiker jet to bleed off more vaccum into the intake to still maintain a safe amount of vaccum on the regulator. I will be going to a SD tune soon though.

Mike
Old 04-12-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

I almost got the add on SD tune set-up for hp tuner today. Will wait a bit I think.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:08 AM
On The Tree

that looks badass coming off the line.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

I almost got the add on SD tune set-up for hp tuner today. Will wait a bit I think.
Even if I used the MAP sensor to tune the car with, it will still see varying loads similar to that of the MAF on the bottle and off...Retard the timing on the bottle at the higher MAP loads and still will work fine.

Mike
Old 04-13-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, definitely need to talk to someone that has done this/worked with this setup before, cause i'd be lost, haha.

Chris
Old 04-13-2005, 12:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Here's a launch of my car on my second shakedown run of this year. Turned out a new best as well. Still needs some tuning and bugs being worked out but all in all very please.

My nitrous kit utilizes a boost referenced regulator for all my fueling. Thanks to Archie King at USA motorsports here in town for flowing everything for me and walking me through the installation of the vacuum lines and what not.

Stock suspenion, Wolfe LCA's and Sway bar, stock panhard rod, stock TA, Yank T400 X-member hoisting a T-400 built by Mike Long.

http://www.qwplayers.org/~crp/beenfetched.wmv

What do you think??? I like this dry kit over my normal spin off of the 5177 kit. I picked up .2 going to a boost referenced regulator and using this setup vs the traditional kit on these cars. Im happy and I know there is more in this setup. Its definitely making the torque. Now it just needs a little more HP

Mike

Good job man!! Dry kits not hitting hard is a common myth, because most people that run dry kits dont have the proper tune.. For the most part we reccomend wet kits for the simplicity, but dry kits have more power potential when done "correctly".. We have sprayed 600hp dry on our test sb, and let me tell ya if your not dead nuts on the tune you will be spending alot of time knocking pistons in a motor..
Old 04-13-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by David@TNT
Good job man!! Dry kits not hitting hard is a common myth, because most people that run dry kits dont have the proper tune.. For the most part we reccomend wet kits for the simplicity, but dry kits have more power potential when done "correctly".. We have sprayed 600hp dry on our test sb, and let me tell ya if your not dead nuts on the tune you will be spending alot of time knocking pistons in a motor..
LOL

Yes, the tune is the key for sure...AS well as the fuel being supplied. Ive run wet kits myself and even used yours on my car with no avail...The dry kit just outperformed it. I had 2 kits on the car for awhile, 150 on each and you could tell when the dry was on and when the wet was on. Activating one and the other turning off was a surprisingly huge difference. So i just kept the dry and sold the TNT kit. And now im using this style kit...Ill push the limits one day but for now im going to tweak on the pills i got and see what she likes.

Mike
Old 04-13-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by David@TNT
What he says. More and more guys are coming around to the potential of the dry (lots of mis information out there). Crying out load 600hp dry, I'm trying to get past the 150 (safely)and catch up with V6bird and some others. It's the tune for sure, and thanks for the straight up input.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

What he says. More and more guys are coming around to the potential of the dry (lots of mis information out there). Crying out load 600hp dry, I'm trying to get past the 150 (safely)and catch up with V6bird and some others. It's the tune for sure, and thanks for the straight up input.
What is your car running like right now with what you got?

Mike