Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having problems with spraying! Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Having problems with spraying! Help!!

This is what I got fellas. Mods in my Sig. MTI put her together and when we sprayed the 150 shot just for the hit I got good numbers. I took it and dyno`d her at G-Force and we seen it got alittle lean so I added a 255 Walbro in-tank with my T-rex fuel pump and 30lb injectors. Now she is doing fine. What I`ve got is a big dip in power up high. She hits like a mother and when I get into 3rd Auto she takes a nose dive and then tries to come back. I took her to the track last night and first run I got 6.92 and she fell down hard right before I got to the end. I felt a easy 6.75-6.8 was there. I ran 3 more times and she did the same thing at the same time. I got 7.0`s all night. She did this on the dyno also and A/F was good. I`ve got everything in sig and shes built good. I don`t know whats happing, but I ran 7.2`s with my old X1 cam, 100 shot and LS6 intake with Ported TB stock MAF with FLP`s. Somethings not cooking right!! Has anyone else had this problem? Tell me what you think fellas. I need Help, with the power I got- I felt 6.7 should be a norm all night long!! I even tried N/A and I ran the same as my old set-up 7.7!! What the Heck!

Last edited by beardWS6; 04-17-2005 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like you might not have enough fuel pressure at higher RPMs and the FPSS is shutting the nitrous off. Have you tried using a direct pressure reading gauge plumbed to the end of the fuel rail and see what the pressure does? You might need bigger injectors.

Originally Posted by beardWS6
This is what I got fellas. Mods in my Sig. MTI put her together and when we sprayed the 150 shot just for the hit I got good numbers. I took it and dyno`d her at G-Force and we seen it got alittle lean so I added a 255 Walboro in-tank with my T-rex fuel pump and 30lb injectors. Now she is doing fine. What I`ve got is a big dip in power up high. She hits like a mother and when I get into 3rd Auto she takes a nose dive and then tries to come back. I took her to the track last night and first run I got 6.92 and she fell down hard right before I got to the end. I felt a easy 6.75-6.8 was there. I ran 3 more times and she did the same thing at the same time. I got 7.0`s all night. She did this on the dyno also and A/F was good. I`ve got everything in sig and shes built good. I don`t know whats happing, but I ran 7.2`s with my old X1 cam, 100 shot and LS6 intake with Ported TB stock MAF with FLP`s. Somethings not cooking right!! Has anyone else had this problem? Tell me what you think fellas. I need Help, with the power I got- I felt 6.7 should be a norm all night long!! I even tried N/A and I ran the same as my old set-up 7.7!! What the Heck!
Old 04-17-2005, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

I`ve got fast fuel rails ordered and a set of 42lb injectors. I was going to just put the rails on, and use the injectors with my 408 build next year. I guess I need the injectors also now. What do you think? Anyone else?
Old 04-17-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

The rails and the injectors won't hurt anything but if you were wanting to save them for the 408 try reading the pressure directly, F/P gauges are cheap.

Originally Posted by beardWS6
I`ve got fast fuel rails ordered and a set of 42lb injectors. I was going to just put the rails on, and use the injectors with my 408 build next year. I guess I need the injectors also now. What do you think? Anyone else?
Old 04-18-2005, 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

I have a gauge on my pillar for fuel and Nitrous psi. I haven`t seen a drop in pressure. But I can easly miss it racing on the track!!

Come on guys, any help!!