Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How exactly do you spray?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 12:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How exactly do you spray?

This may sound like a really stupid question, but the fact is I have never used N20 before and never been in a car that has.

my question is about the actual spraying process. Ok lets say you are getting ready to race and your setup includes a MSD window switch that starts @ 3k rpm. Do you just flip a toggle switch that turns the N20 on and than whenver you are ready you just hit it and as soon as it hits 3k rpm it kicks in, than when done racing you can kinda just flip it back off whenver you feel like it since you will likely be under 3k rpm if not racing anymore.

I have read a couple things that made it sound like you have to push down and hold a button but i am thinking to myself well that doesn't work b/c i definitely need both hands to drive my M6, especially when racing, lol! So I am assuming its activated by a switch and not a button. Also, like I mentioned above, whenever you think you MIGHT spray can you just flip it on and not waste any N20 until you go over 3kpm. Like can it just hold in a ready state for a while like that...same thing when you are done racing, can it just sit in a standby mode where its on but you arent above 3k rpm?

Thanks!
Kevin
Old 04-22-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

Yep you've got it, but you probably should deactivate your nitrous system at any time when you are not planning on using it, just in case. Sometimes you will not want to use it in first gear, so flipping the switch after you shift into 2nd may be better depending on your traction.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

You use a WOT switch. It will only activate with a window switch set @ 3k when your at WOT. If you foot isn't to the floor the n20 will not engage. I wouldn't run a button I'd do a WOT and window switch.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

Ok well i got a TNT F1 kit which I was told comes with a WOT switch and like I said I bougth an MSD window switch which I will set to start at 3k rpm. so is the WOT switch the actual switch that I have physically have to flip on, like a toggle switch? And this basically activates the N20 into a ready state, right? So basically the WOT switch is the ON and OFF switch right?
Old 04-22-2005, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

The WOT switch is the Wide Open Throttle switch, which is turned on when you put the gas pedal to the floor. What you were talking about before is normally called the "arming" switch which arms the whole system. When the arm switch is on, AND you have the pedal to the floor, AND you and in the window range set by your msd window switch, only then will it spray the nitrous.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

ok thats what I originall thought, that there was a switch that you flip and turns everything on so that when you gun it, it kicks in. Ok cool, thanks guys
Old 04-22-2005, 03:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just in case you don't know (it wasn't mentioned anywhere) make sure to set the upper end of the window switch to shut the nitrous off well before you hit your rev limiter setting - hitting the rev limiter on the jug could be disasterous! Mine is 300 rpm before the limiter.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

Oh yeah I'll definitely be setting the upper limit no doubt! Thanks for the concern though. I just hope those pills are damn reliable!