Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZEX kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZEX kit?

i was thinking about spraying my car. i was looking into the zex kit. seems like the easiest install. i was wanting to know who has used the zex kit and if they liked it or not.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:26 PM
12 Second Club

I asked this question a while back and here's a summary of what I got.

Pro: It is really easy to install and you don't have to worry about much once you do. Everyone that has used it liked it and would recommend it.

Con: It is only good for up to a 150 shot, and that is at the crank not the wheels like NX and TNT. It is a pretty purple bottle that gets used by the ricers so we are not supposed to use it. Hope that helps. If you want, I can paste the link for you.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:27 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by formula87350
It is a pretty purple bottle that gets used by the ricers so we are not supposed to use it.

HAHAHA well I wouldnt be running a purple bottle but do what you want man. I have been debating whether or not to get a Zex kit or the NX MAF kit for some time now and will probably still go with NX, just because I like their MAF system. of course if you can direct port the zex kit do it.

Brad
Old 04-27-2005, 09:44 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We sell the zex kit and the NX kit.
It seems that some people like the zex kit for its easy installation.Yes it is rated at the fly wheel and not the rear tires like the NX.The mustang guys and the import guys run this system more than the GM guys.Alot of the domestic crowd will not run the Zex kit due to the purple color.
Most customers prefer the NX system.They like how the system is rated at the rear tires.They also like the fact that the solenoids have a lifetime warrenty and are top quality.
There is nothing wrong with the ZEX kit.I have never had a customer have problems with there kit.If you want to spray more than the 150 the ZEX kit will do so you just have to buy the extra jetting.
My self I run Nitrous Express products.
Dave
Old 04-27-2005, 11:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the Zex at 125 in a 2000Z/28. I like it. I'm def adding a purge valve. I think I would have gone with the Gemini NX kit and I may still change over. Purple bottles and Purple control boxes don't matter as far as performance goes.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:01 PM
10 Second Club

Default What jets?

Interesting...I had no idea about the hp ratings of Zex vs NX...so my kit doesn't tell me what jets to use for anything past 125 shot with the 82026 kit. I'll call Zex and Nitro Daves..

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
We sell the zex kit and the NX kit.
It seems that some people like the zex kit for its easy installation.Yes it is rated at the fly wheel and not the rear tires like the NX.The mustang guys and the import guys run this system more than the GM guys.Alot of the domestic crowd will not run the Zex kit due to the purple color.
Most customers prefer the NX system.They like how the system is rated at the rear tires.They also like the fact that the solenoids have a lifetime warrenty and are top quality.
There is nothing wrong with the ZEX kit.I have never had a customer have problems with there kit.If you want to spray more than the 150 the ZEX kit will do so you just have to buy the extra jetting.
My self I run Nitrous Express products.
Dave
Old 04-27-2005, 12:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

1.tnt Kit 2. Nx
Old 04-30-2005, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

What about the ZEX direct port kit? It's adjustable up to a 250 shot, controls the fuel based on bottle pressure so you always have a consistant afr, comes with pre fabbed lines for an easy install, and uses your tps instead of a wot switch. Why aren't more people using this kit? Hell, paint the damn bottle if you dont like the color.