Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racetronix ground strap?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 07:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Racetronix ground strap?

Guys that did the racetronix plug and play install...do I have to connect the ground cable that it came with to negative side of battery then to chassis ground? because theres already a ground strap from the negative battery to chassis from the factory...thanks

Mark
Old 04-27-2005, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ground

Originally Posted by 1320_PERFORMANCE
Guys that did the racetronix plug and play install...do I have to connect the ground cable that it came with to negative side of battery then to chassis ground? because theres already a ground strap from the negative battery to chassis from the factory...thanks

Mark
Hey there...(used to live in Kamuela/Waimea Hawaii at HPA)...i'm not 100% certain what ground strap you are refering to but the factory ground from battery to chassis is often inadequate...I have a 4g wire for my sub amp alone...point is the 8g factory ground to chassis is a bit small IMO for the electrical in general. I have a 4g Stinger Oxygen free Copper wire with nice clean connections for my chassis ground.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alllooks
Hey there...(used to live in Kamuela/Waimea Hawaii at HPA)...i'm not 100% certain what ground strap you are refering to but the factory ground from battery to chassis is often inadequate...I have a 4g wire for my sub amp alone...point is the 8g factory ground to chassis is a bit small IMO for the electrical in general. I have a 4g Stinger Oxygen free Copper wire with nice clean connections for my chassis ground.

Kool, Im on MAui...only been to the Big Island bout 3 times...love Fihing down kohala side....yeah Im talking bout the ground strap that racetronix kit came w/..I guess ill put it on...thanks

MArk

Quick Reply: Racetronix ground strap?