Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to LS1 and Nitrous

Old 05-09-2005, 02:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New to LS1 and Nitrous

I have never ran nitrous on the ls1 motors but now that i got one i really want to do so. I just need some help on some basic questions

1. My engine just went over the 100k mile marker ...how tough are these engines past that number....anyone know of any nitrous disaters (melting pistions/ blowing off intakes) I am only looking at a max of 125...MAYBE a 150 a couple times...it will not be used every day or probably not even every week.

2. on a wet kit does the single fuel/n20 nozzle go after the MAF or Before...i saw some pics that looked like it had it both ways but i have always gone behind the MAF since you don;t need any of it's help in supplying fuel

3. what kinda numbers/ets are ppl getting with basically stock cars and nitrous??

thks guys
Old 05-09-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have 78000 on my motor and some people say the wet kits puddle fuel and have caused intake backfires. I spray a 125 shot and it goes after the maf andbefore the throttle body. On et streets snapping the 10 bolt into 2nd gear i ran a 12.004 @ 116
Old 05-09-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Junkie

If you want to play it safe, do a compression test before spraying (since you have so many miles).

Every wet kit I've seen has the nozzles going after the maf (before the maf is usually a dry kit).
Old 05-09-2005, 08:07 PM
10 Second Club

What should one expect to see for compression. Im asking, yet I probably shouldnt be worried, altho I do have 100k miles on my motor, I changed the cam and valvesprings thats summer and used the air pressure in cylinder method to hold the valves up, and I had no problems with it, kept it there for awhile sometimes, cause some of them are a bitch. Just curious myself, cause Im running it for the first time this year too.

Originally Posted by Turo
If you want to play it safe, do a compression test before spraying (since you have so many miles).

Every wet kit I've seen has the nozzles going after the maf (before the maf is usually a dry kit).

Search this Thread