Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new track times after intake install

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 01:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new track times after intake install

Hey guys, I'm the guy who cracked the stock PLASTIC LS6 intake manifold running a 150 wet shot. Well I decided on the weiand aluminum intake manifold for its more durable design. The install was very straight foward. I did not have the fitment issues that others claimed. The car feels stronger now past 2500RPM. Anyway I ran it at the track last friday and had a best run of 12.7 @ 118mph. I spray from second gear on and i bogged the launch. I'm learning how to launch the drag radials so bare with me. I'm glad i got it to run this good but my mph tells me that i should be deep in the 12's if not high 11's.
Do you guys think I should try spraying off the line or should i try and work on my first gear NA and then spray from 2nd gear foward? Remember I am an M6 on stock clutch and rear.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:35 AM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

get launching on the dr's down. Keep spraying from second gear. once you get a good 60' your times will reflect your mph.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking good.Yes only spray out of the hole if your ready to buy a new rear end and clutch.
Dave
Old 05-11-2005, 03:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Times look good. For now definately stay with spraying from 2nd gear on. Work on the 60', you would be surprised at how much you can get DR's to stick with the right amount of heat and tire pressure. You will get your times to reflect the mph before you know it. By the way, which DR's are you using? Lot's of good one's on the market, I have seen and heard really good things about the M/T DR's.