Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TNT vs. NX

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 08:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TNT vs. NX

Hey guys I am looken at gettin a nitrous kit and have a few questions that i havent been able to find answers for. What is the benefit to the TNT F-1 Nitrous Kit vs the NX single nozzle kit? It looks like the TNT may be a better system because of the power ring. Also what is some of the basic nitrous safety precaution to take when puttin one on a car? I think I am leaning toward the TNT power ring instead of NX because it looks like it would be a nicer install. Any input would be appricated guys. And lets not dog me, i am wanting to join the nitrous crowd!!!!
peace rob
Old 05-10-2005, 09:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rob,
Both systems are nice systems.However the single nozzle and the power ring kit are not really in the same class.NX makes a maff kit to compete with the power ring.In my opinion the maff kit is a nicer system than the power ring.
As far as the single nozzle versus the power ring kit.They are two different apples.They will both work exactly the same but the TNT kit will have a extra nozzle and a power ring.
Dave
Old 05-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Both these kits you are asking about do the same thing, one the Single nozzle NX is much easier to install than the TNT part and at a lesser cost. If money is not the issue I recommend the MAF kit, single stage kit, that can be upgraded to dual stage later if you want to. There is no modifaction of any kind to the car with this kit, easy installation clean looks. It fits the car perfectly. Also includes a TPS Switch.
Ricky

Originally Posted by Bigrob339
Hey guys I am looken at gettin a nitrous kit and have a few questions that i havent been able to find answers for. What is the benefit to the TNT F-1 Nitrous Kit vs the NX single nozzle kit? It looks like the TNT may be a better system because of the power ring. Also what is some of the basic nitrous safety precaution to take when puttin one on a car? I think I am leaning toward the TNT power ring instead of NX because it looks like it would be a nicer install. Any input would be appricated guys. And lets not dog me, i am wanting to join the nitrous crowd!!!!
peace rob
Old 05-10-2005, 09:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bigrob339
peace rob

If you are getting the kits at the same price, then lets compare what your getting here.. Our kit includes..

1. Power ring for hard mounting your nozzles
2. Two Stainless steel nozzles, with fan spray design..
3. Four #3 lines to connect the nozzles to the sol.
4. A stainless steel bracket to hard mount the soleniods
5. NHRA Blow down cap
6. NHRA Blow down tube
7. Nitrous filter
8. Stainless steel bottle nut

Now here is what you will get with you NX single nozzle kit..

1. A bung so that you can drill a hole in your intake to harbor your nozz
2. One alum nozzle
3. Two #3 lines to connect your nozzle to your solenoids
4. Two bendable brackets to hang your solenoids
5. NHRA Blow down cap??
6. NHRA Blow down tube??
7. Nitrous filter
8. Chrome plated bottle nut
Old 05-10-2005, 10:20 AM

Same price what is the pricing on that kit to the public.?
Ricky
Old 05-10-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Same price what is the pricing on that kit to the public.?
Ricky
I dont believe he said new or used Ricky.. But since you asked, retail on the TNT F1 is $754 and is adjustable from 75-250rwhp.. Since you asked what is the price on that MAFF kit?? Also when are you going to start including a blow down tube and blow off cap in that kit??
Old 05-10-2005, 10:54 AM

The question was what does the kit sale to the public for not retail.

Ricky
Old 05-10-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
The question was what does the kit sale to the public for not retail.

Ricky
Ohh my bad, the kit retails for $799.. It lists for $754 which is what anyone who calls will pay.. But humor me Ricky, what does the MAFF kit go for??
Old 05-10-2005, 12:31 PM

1028.00 is jobber and dealer sale for 904.00 and a less I am sure.
Ricky

Originally Posted by David@TNT
Ohh my bad, the kit retails for $799.. It lists for $754 which is what anyone who calls will pay.. But humor me Ricky, what does the MAFF kit go for??
Old 05-10-2005, 12:35 PM
Launching!

this is just me, but I personally like the MAF kit, but it is pricey i'll say that especially after you add in the GEN X2 upgrades and window switch etc.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Resident

OK so basically there the same and the TNT you paying for the ring, which i think is a nice piece and i saw they were about the same price from nitro daves on the website. So i just thought i would ask, it was like 679 for a TNT kit w/10lbs bottle and the NX was about 550 w/10lbs bottle. Does anyone have pics of the power ring, and what about timing with nitrous? I only wanna run a 75 to 100 shot.
thx rob
Old 05-10-2005, 02:49 PM
FormerVendor

I personally like ease of installation when choosing any parts, and would have to say that the MAF kit is probably the easiest system to install I have ever seen with the exception of maybe the Nter Cooler. You can do a search on the MAF and the F1 and see for your self which would be easier. Also, in the future if you ever modify the motor to the point of wanting to really spray a lot of nitrous the MAF can put out a total of 600hp. Just some thoughts.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:05 PM
10 Second Club

Don't forget to add $125 to the TNT kit for the lid you have to cut and modify to get the power ring to fit.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NEVR2ND
Don't forget to add $125 to the TNT kit for the lid you have to cut and modify to get the power ring to fit.
Both are good kits. But the MAF Kit fits nicely.

Old 05-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Launching!

Hey ed, you only have one of the ends on thats included in the kit. do you only need to other one if you want to go to dual stage?
Old 05-10-2005, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NEVR2ND

Actually we dont have that problem anymore with our new ring, but thanks 4 the oppinion..
Old 05-10-2005, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

I don't have the front one installed cause I need the screen for the blower. But the back end is already set-up for a dual-stage.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
I personally like ease of installation when choosing any parts, and would have to say that the MAF kit is probably the easiest system to install I have ever seen with the exception of maybe the Nter Cooler. You can do a search on the MAF and the F1 and see for your self which would be easier. Also, in the future if you ever modify the motor to the point of wanting to really spray a lot of nitrous the MAF can put out a total of 600hp. Just some thoughts.
Just outta sheer curiosity, Jeremy you say 600hp from the MAF kit?? You have done this?? Or are you just saying the nitrous flow capability is up to 600hp??
Old 05-10-2005, 04:13 PM
10 Second Club

Actually we dont have that problem anymore with our new ring, but thanks 4 the oppinion..
I am happy you redesined the power ring, took long enough.
I had the old style.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:25 PM
9 Second Club

I dont believe he said new or used Ricky.. But since you asked, retail on the TNT F1 is $754 and is adjustable from 75-250rwhp.. Since you asked what is the price on that MAFF kit?? Also when are you going to start including a blow down tube and blow off cap in that kit??
You did the kit comparision between the TNT kit and the single nozzle NX kit so the price on that is $580 compared to $754 for the TNT. All three kits are good, I think it just depends how much you want to spend and what level your running at. The pricing pretty much follows the performance level, spend more, you get more, spend less, you get less. I've installed many of each and really like the TNT kit's design and performance, but also have never had a problem with the generic NX kit.