Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nx & 4L60-E question

Old 05-12-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default nx & 4L60-E question

i recently posted up my numbers on NX wet 100hp shot and it made 478rwhp from the 397rwhp N/A For some reason the nx graph is all over the place but the cause couldnt be traced by Allan. Soon after getting it back from Allan i noticed the tranny was slipping a lil bit and that it wouldnt shift out at 6500 like it was supposed to. It would just bounce the rev limiter near 7k rpms
I took the tranny to the shop that built it the first time and they say my bands are burnt up and that the verter needs to be taken apart and cleand cuz it had 2much tranny fluid in it.
So my questions is: Could these slipping bands and verter probs cause my nitrous graph to be so up and down all over the board? Did the tranny rob me of some power since the bands were burning up etc etc?
Any ideas, thoughts,
Thanks
Old 05-12-2005, 11:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That could definately cause the graph to look crazy, and rob you of power. How many miles, dyno runs, etc. did you have on the tranny?
Old 05-13-2005, 07:21 AM
TECH Addict

i think around 10 pulls all together. The tranny came outta my wrecked 99Z. It had 96k miles on it before being rebuilt last Feb. Since then ive put about 15k miles on it. I know when my bro-in-law swapped it over to the trans am he forgot to toss on the tranny cooler so that might be one reason why it went out.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:40 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Wicked_Hugger99
i think around 10 pulls all together. The tranny came outta my wrecked 99Z. It had 96k miles on it before being rebuilt last Feb. Since then ive put about 15k miles on it. I know when my bro-in-law swapped it over to the trans am he forgot to toss on the tranny cooler so that might be one reason why it went out.
15k is low miles for it to already be going out. When you rebuilt it, did you use factory replacement internals or aftermarket like B&M or TCI? I had to have my stock tranny on my TA rebuilt twice, finally said screw it and switched to a TH400 w/ trans-brake and rev. manual valve body. Absolutely no problems after that.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

A local tranny shop rebuilt it using aftermarket internals but i dunno what brand. Had new bands, clutch packs, servos, input shaft etc etc
Old 05-13-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Having a stall converter with out a cooler is a time bomb waiting to go off. With the higher stall converter it is going to have more slippage than stock which will generate more heat. If you dont have a cooler to fight that it will burn up your clutches over time.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:26 AM
TECH Addict

phil is FLP near Speed inc. Do you build their evil trannys ?

Search this Thread