Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous and fuel Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous and fuel Pressure

I am going to be adding a couple gauges soon, and was wondering if I should go with mechanical or electric gauges? As far as fuel, I think electrical is really the way to go, but what about the nitrous gauge?

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Electric for fuel is absolutly the only way to go in the cockpit, safety. n2o is easier to do electricaly, imo, but some guys do run a line to a mech into dash area? I run both elect.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Second on the electronic fuel guage, but I ran out of $$ for the 260.00 electric NO2 guage so I went with the manual, not a huge deal, but you do waste a bunch of no2 through the lines to the guage and at 50.00 a 10lbs bottle, in time it will add up, but I just could not justify spending two hundred dollars on something that did not make me faster or safer, and this guage does niether. Especally if you have an nx heater with a pressure switch on it, because it will automatically shut it off at high pressure, and if you only using it at the track, the bottle pressure guage would be just fine and cheap. Besides to many guages is ricey IMO.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats one of the reasons I posted this up. I am trying to decide how important the fuel pressure gauge really is. I am going to do a bottle press. gauge, and an airfuel gauge, but was debating on the fuel.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:08 AM
Launching!

I would do the fuel over an air/fuel ratio gage. IMO they are just a light show.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:17 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Another oppition is the machanical gauge and fuel Isolator. Completely safe and NHRA approved.
I think it less expensive then the electrical, but its is bulker on the hook ups.
Ricky
Old 05-24-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bottle pressure again, IMO is a waste, if you have the pressure sensitive heater. Fuel pressure is definatley worth it, especially if you are not running a fuel pressure saftey switch, because if you No2 is spraying and you fuel pressure drops off because of something weird like bad pump or something you risk blowing strait NO2 down your ls1's throat and possibly leaning it way way out=very bad.
I also had the air fuel guage that I bought when I was wet behind the ears and it is a waste, lite show only, so if you really want one I could part with mine, no problem.