Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about problem with my nitrous....

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question about problem with my nitrous....

i have an NX wet kit for my 98 TA and I didnt use if for a long time, probably a good 2-3 months and then when I filled my bottle and went to the track it wasnt hitting very hard, and sometimes it would hit and then when if shifted it wouldnt hit......i was just wondering if maybe the cause of this could be that it needs to be purged..

i have a fpss and a bottle warmer, i also have a purge valve but i need to put it in.....

just wondering if anyone has any idea what could cause it to hit, and then die when i shift....also, sometimes it would hit, others it wouldnt
Old 05-24-2005, 11:22 AM
TECH Regular

btw, i also had a local shop check all the fuses and make sure the wiring and **** was all good before i went to the track.......
Old 05-24-2005, 11:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mulletwearingtadrive
i have an NX wet kit for my 98 TA and I didnt use if for a long time, probably a good 2-3 months and then when I filled my bottle and went to the track it wasnt hitting very hard, and sometimes it would hit and then when if shifted it wouldnt hit......i was just wondering if maybe the cause of this could be that it needs to be purged..

i have a fpss and a bottle warmer, i also have a purge valve but i need to put it in.....

just wondering if anyone has any idea what could cause it to hit, and then die when i shift....also, sometimes it would hit, others it wouldnt

What is your fuel pressure saftey switch set at??
Old 05-24-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

i have no idea.....umm......
Old 05-24-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mulletwearingtadrive
i have no idea.....umm......
Well how much are you spraying?? What fuel pump do you have on the car??
Old 05-24-2005, 04:27 PM
FormerVendor

Find out what fuel pressure your running. The FPSS could be causing the issue. Also, what is the bottle pressure at before each run? I would suggest it be up around 1050psi, if it is too low at the start of the run you can feel the initial activation of the system but as you run down the track the pressure is falling off which will cause the system to go too rich.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:49 PM
TECH Regular

i have a 100 shot and the stock fuel pump right now...im going to be getting a 255 this summer. I have a bottle heater also, but i need a pressure gauge, which i will also be getting asap.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

you could also check your WOt switch if it is electric, is could be shutting off, but it sounds like the fuel pressure saftey switch could be the calprit. Beleive it of not, I have also heard of a cloged fuel filter causing the same issue by triggering the pressure switch