Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TNT dyno challenge

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 10:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TNT dyno challenge

TNT would like to know if the public would like to see the real difference in other companies product design.. We have made the offer to compare the difference using the same bottle, feed line, solenoids and even the same jetting with "other" nitrous companies..

Some think it would be a good idea,

"I would think that about the only way to get a true comparison between any systems would be to have a car on the dyno and test all the systems on the same car with the same conditions (ie: engine temp, ambient temp, pull process, etc.). Even then, the jetting would be off since everyone's jetting differs. Meaning that our 100hp jetting is different from other's 100hp jetting.
I guess it really just boils down to what each individual wants, so like Ed says, pick your poison.....and enjoy the hell out of it"

"So I guess yall would take comparable systems and do a challenge from the ease of install to performance.You would have to do it on the same exact car on the same exact day,at the same exact everything.You guys would also have to compare jetting to make sure they are the same.Im just wondering how that would work. There will be alot of time involved.
Seems interesting but I know would be hard to do during the busy season."

Then we also have people that seem to think its not such a good idea,

"bla bla bla, this is old and proves nothing. Same jetting, I say its 100 and it makes 100, you say your jetting is 100 and makes the 100 or at least almost makes the 100 depending on the car proves nothing. This discussion is so old, and the customers are starting to suffer, buy the on going mine is better no mine is better. TO all the current and future nitrous users of the world, buy what you like, run what you brung,(hope you brung enough) have fun."

"I personaly cant see it being worth the time.I feel that with the SAME jetting the two kits will perform the same."

As the general public, what do you think?? If we can get a positive response, we would like to get other companies involved so we can all see where we stand.. So what do you think??

Pm & post up guys
Old 05-25-2005, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hell yeah I would love to see the results! It isnt all about size of the pill! Have any of the MFG's showed interest?
Old 05-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

i'm allready convinced, thats why i bought a tnt kit
Old 05-25-2005, 10:50 AM
TECH Resident

jetting is jetting is jetting. You use the same jets in 2 different kits its going to put down indentical numbers.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:54 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yah, the real testing could involve cycling noids to see what brand fails first. Which nozzles promote better atomization, which kit has better wiring relays and ease of install..................
Old 05-25-2005, 10:59 AM
FormerVendor

I am not speaking for NX here.....I would personally like to see a VIABLE test performed with the various nitrous company's products. BUT (there is always a but isn't there,lol), I don't think what you are proposing is a viable test. Basically you want to compare the various company's nozzles. To me that proves nothing since every company has their own solenoids, bottle valves, etc. Some companies use very high quality products that will definately out flow other companies products. So I personally would propose comparing entire systems, instead of just nozzles.

Again, these are my opinions and not those of NX

Keep the shiny side up....
Old 05-25-2005, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by hellbents10
Yah, the real testing could involve cycling noids to see what brand fails first. Which nozzles promote better atomization, which kit has better wiring relays and ease of install..................
Those are some good ideas, testing the various individual products would prove the quality of the materials used and design of the products. I think you've got something there.

As always....Buy what you like and run the hell out of it.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:51 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by David@TNT
TNT would like to know if the public would like to see the real difference in other companies product design.. We have made the offer to compare the difference using the same bottle, feed line, solenoids and even the same jetting with "other" nitrous companies..

Then we also have people that seem to think its not such a good idea,

"bla bla bla, this is old and proves nothing. Same jetting, I say its 100 and it makes 100, you say your jetting is 100 and makes the 100 or at least almost makes the 100 depending on the car proves nothing. This discussion is so old, and the customers are starting to suffer, buy the on going mine is better no mine is better. TO all the current and future nitrous users of the world, buy what you like, run what you brung,(hope you brung enough) have fun."

"I personaly cant see it being worth the time.I feel that with the SAME jetting the two kits will perform the same."

As the general public, what do you think?? If we can get a positive response, we would like to get other companies involved so we can all see where we stand.. So what do you think??

Pm & post up guys
Now David starting stuff again I see. Your context of "Then we also have people that seem to think its not such a good idea" Is total off base here as always. I never said it was a bad idea. If you are are going to quote (or put words out there ) please please do it correctly.

I am interested yep definitly interested.

Ricky
Old 05-25-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would love to see a test like this! I have always heard how the TNT nozzle design was superior and netted more horsepower and torque for the same jet sizes and this would prove or disprove it.

I guess it would just be changing out the nozzle right?
Old 05-25-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well hell the two big nitrous supporters of this site have agreed so lets do it.

might finally solve the "jets are under rated" stuff
Old 05-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I am scared of TNT. You put in a 50 shot and get 150rwhp. Just kidding. I think the test would be awesome.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Keep this thread on an informational and factual basis only. Both companies here have excellent products and are very professional. So lets keep this topic up in the same manner please.

Topic is testing of kits and how that can be accomplished to get a good comparison of quality, HP, and value.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What if we put one comparable kit from each company on the same vehicle at the same time (two full kits). That way you can do comparable back to back pulls on same car, same temp same day same everything. Furthermore, you could use the same size jets (measured) and/or the jets that come in kit. This would show the difference in jets included (hp/torque), and whether a nozzle design is superior (hp/torque). Jets included and nozzle design are really the only variables. If I remember correctly, I think from what I can tell TNT is running a tad leaner (more power). Meaning, on 150hp kits, NX is running a 1.88 fuel to n2o ratio (heard they recently change this, fuel jet?) and TNT is running a 1.86 fuel to n2o ratio. I use 1.87 ratio . I think comparison is a good idea, as everyone learns the ins/outs of n2o. Let the rumble begin.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Whats unfortunate is nitrous newbies and the uninformed will pick the kit that makes 2 more hp, without looking at the whole package. If you are leaving everything else the same in the test, than basically its just a nossle/nossle placement test. I'll sacrifice 5 hp for a better quality solenoid, and higher quality relays. If both companies get their noids from the same distributor, than they should both fail at the same time, so lets find out.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think someone with a built motor should do this test. No need to test the limits of a stock shortblock. Now who is willing to sign the waiver
Old 05-25-2005, 01:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no need to test for me,i have a t.n.t kit
Old 05-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Robert56
What if we put one comparable kit from each company on the same vehicle at the same time (two full kits). That way you can do comparable back to back pulls on same car, same temp same day same everything. Furthermore, you could use the same size jets (measured) and/or the jets that come in kit. This would show the difference in jets included (hp/torque), and whether a nozzle design is superior (hp/torque). Jets included and nozzle design are really the only variables. If I remember correctly, I think from what I can tell TNT is running a tad leaner (more power). Meaning, on 150hp kits, NX is running a 1.88 fuel to n2o ratio (heard they recently change this, fuel jet?) and TNT is running a 1.86 fuel to n2o ratio. I use 1.87 ratio . I think comparison is a good idea, as everyone learns the ins/outs of n2o. Let the rumble begin.
Robert not sure how you are driving your numbers. NX uses anywhere between 5-1 nitrous to fuel up to low 6-1 ratio's depending on the jet size. It is impossible for ever setting to be same ratio.
Ok the testing idea is to compare kits. Putting TNT jet into an NX nozzle or vise versa will definitly give different number. It is all about the atomized fuel, so great care needs to be taken here to watch and make sure the car does not get hurt. I would do that comparison last.
Now the testing:
Document the install times, the headache, the good the bad the ugly. Then TO the dyno. The only component that could crisscross the companies is the feed line. NOTHING else for intial testing. heres why,
I have spent a huge amount of time, opening up holes, clean transition out, and make the system flow cleaner( less air bottles) in the nitrous side of things. Still interested! Damm this is going to be cool.
Ricky
Old 05-25-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Robert not sure how you are driving your numbers. NX uses anywhere between 5-1 nitrous to fuel up to low 6-1 ratio's depending on the jet size. It is impossible for ever setting to be same ratio.
Ok the testing idea is to compare kits. Putting TNT jet into an NX nozzle or vise versa will definitly give different number. It is all about the atomized fuel, so great care needs to be taken here to watch and make sure the car does not get hurt. I would do that comparison last.
Now the testing:
Document the install times, the headache, the good the bad the ugly. Then TO the dyno. The only component that could crisscross the companies is the feed line. NOTHING else for intial testing. heres why,
I have spent a huge amount of time, opening up holes, clean transition out, and make the system flow cleaner( less air bottles) in the nitrous side of things. Still interested! Damm this is going to be cool.
Ricky
So by this we can count on NX being down correct??
Old 05-25-2005, 02:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

N2o jet/ratio=Fuel jet, I have more info on the math if you want. This comparison was for the 150hp kits. So, a .062 n2o jet divided by .033 fuel jet equals 1.878787879 or 1.88, this is NX (jets changed?). Or, .065 n2o jet/.035 fuel = 1.857142857 or 1.86 for TNT.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

This who's kit makes more power I never understood

If I run a NX kit with 100 horse pills and it makes 100 horse, then it is jetted at 100rwhp, correct?

If I run a TNT kit with 100 horse pills and it makes 125 horse, then it is jetted at 125rwhp, correct?

There are only a couple ways to make more power with a nitrous kit:
1. More Nitrous and More Fuel
2. Leaner A/F ratio, Lean is mean but can hurt parts

So if 2 kits are jetted both at 100 horse, and one is making 25 more horsepower than another on the same car, then the kit making more power is either flowing more nitrous into the motor, or running a leaner a/f ratio.