Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Risk of buying used direct port kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Risk of buying used direct port kit?

My buddy is selling his direct port kit. Its a complete kit , bottle warmer, bottle, noids, jets, and a dash 6 line he called it. The lines over the manifold he bent himself and drilled holes into his manifold. I want to use my manifold to fit the kit onto it, so he will be modyfing mine for it. I am just wondering what could be wrong with buying a used direct port? He said he will turn it over, and spray it, to show that nitrous is coming out of every line from the manifold. I trust him, but I have had bad luck with buying used things in the past(bought a heads/cam car with a built transmision, and everything turned out to be ****) So anything that I shold look at it? It has 200hp solenoids onto it, which should be good for my forged motor..Any advice?
Old 06-20-2005, 09:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go over the Solenoids, and possibly rebuild them. Either send them out or open them up yourself and take a look. Cheap insurance.

Originally Posted by Jimmy P
My buddy is selling his direct port kit. Its a complete kit , bottle warmer, bottle, noids, jets, and a dash 6 line he called it. The lines over the manifold he bent himself and drilled holes into his manifold. I want to use my manifold to fit the kit onto it, so he will be modyfing mine for it. I am just wondering what could be wrong with buying a used direct port? He said he will turn it over, and spray it, to show that nitrous is coming out of every line from the manifold. I trust him, but I have had bad luck with buying used things in the past(bought a heads/cam car with a built transmision, and everything turned out to be ****) So anything that I shold look at it? It has 200hp solenoids onto it, which should be good for my forged motor..Any advice?
Old 06-20-2005, 10:00 PM
12 Second Truck Club

what kind of kit is it? if the noids are NX, you can send them to NXRicky and he'll go over them, rebuild or replace them for free I believe as part of the NX noid lifetime warranty. as for the nozzles, I'd have him spray it for you to make sure none of them are plugged up and to make sure it appears like you are getting even distribution across all 8 nozzles.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Direct port "looks cool" and sounds safer but, you will need other expensive goodies to make it work at its best. You could put together a simple 200hp single nozzle setup very cheaply that "will" work with your stock fuel pump.

Last edited by gollum; 06-20-2005 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yea sorry, I have the racetronix fuel pump, and 38lbs SVO injectors. Haven't updated with the new mods.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think a stand alone fuel system with race gas is a better idea, but it would look way too cluttered under hood.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As long as everything works and its a good quality brand it should be fine.You can always send it in to have it checked out for a more positve answer.If you need help plumbing we do plumbing here.
Dave
Old 06-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by gollum
I think a stand alone fuel system with race gas is a better idea, but it would look way too cluttered under hood.
Man I have seen Dave's Standalone tanks andthink they look pretty cool.

Now things to looks for.

Threads on the nozzles and all fittings. Make sure they are good, clean, not stripped, and gued all up.
Ask if the bottle was ever heated with a torch. if Yes (leave it and do not buy it)
Send the noid to the mfg and get them checked out.
all the wiring, and make sure the noids wires are not 1" long. Pain in the *** to hook up.
Check all jets and make sure they are complete.
Get everything you can even stuff you do not want get it (if it free)
You can throw stuff away later that you did not want once done with the install.
And last see if he will help you hook it all up
Hope this helps.
Ricky