Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Dave special vs TNT f1 kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nitrous Dave special vs TNT f1 kit

Nitrous Dave special vs TNT f1 kit, just as it sounds. Which kit is better? I'm going with one of them, dont have any experience w/nitorus so I'm looking for facts and experience. The one draw back to the dave kit from my inexperienced perception is the bellows to hold the nozzles. IS this ok or is the solid ring better? What does nitrous do to rubber after a while? Can someone with experience please compare the two kits and give the pro's and cons of them? Really need an informed opinion here, my car is a keeper, I wont be selling it. I have a set of prc 2.5 heads on the way as well if that helps with any factors.
This is a tough choice. I've been treated very well by Texas SPeed and would give them my business in a heartbeat. I've read nothing but possitive remarks about Dave as well. Remarks to the point where I want to buy from this guy as it sounds like he really cares about his customers. But I can only buy from one. Either one I go with I'm convinced I can't go wrong

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 06-22-2005 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that both kits are great and you can not go wrong with either one.
The reason why we desighned this kit was the take the things we liked and make the best kit we could using two nozzles.
We used Ys instead of Ts because Ts are restrictive.We included the New 45 degree valve.This valve has two ports in the side of it.THey are great for a heater sensor,nitrous gauge,or nitrogen push.We included the bellow so that you would have a ftermarket bello that fits perfect so you do not have to Cut your 100 dollar air lid.The Nozzles have nozzle adapters that hold the nozzles in the bellows firmly and safely.We included the NHRA Fitting and blow down tube so you can pass tech.We also included a very nice nitrous pressure gauge that is liquid filled so that you know exactly what your bottle pressure is at.Also this kit comes with jetting all the way up to 300 hp so that you do not have any more money out of pocket.

If you take the price of 599 versus 754.00 you cant beat it.

The main difference is that we are giving you a bello that you can put your dual nozzles in instead of a power ring.Instaed we added some other perks.

Either way you go you cant go wrong.I like the TNT KIt.
Dave
Old 06-22-2005, 12:06 PM
FormerVendor

Oh.If you really need a power ring.I have one TNT power ring left ifor a stock size throttle body.Ill be more than happy to sell for 69.00.
Hope all this helped.
Dave
Old 06-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I think that both kits are great and you can not go wrong with either one.
The reason why we desighned this kit was the take the things we liked and make the best kit we could using two nozzles.
We used Ys instead of Ts because Ts are restrictive.We included the New 45 degree valve.This valve has two ports in the side of it.THey are great for a heater sensor,nitrous gauge,or nitrogen push.We included the bellow so that you would have a ftermarket bello that fits perfect so you do not have to Cut your 100 dollar air lid.The Nozzles have nozzle adapters that hold the nozzles in the bellows firmly and safely.We included the NHRA Fitting and blow down tube so you can pass tech.We also included a very nice nitrous pressure gauge that is liquid filled so that you know exactly what your bottle pressure is at.Also this kit comes with jetting all the way up to 300 hp so that you do not have any more money out of pocket.

If you take the price of 599 versus 754.00 you cant beat it.

The main difference is that we are giving you a bello that you can put your dual nozzles in instead of a power ring.Instaed we added some other perks.

Either way you go you cant go wrong.I like the TNT KIt.
Dave
The value in your kit is tremendous and the only reason for the comparison right now is the fact that TSP is offering the f1 kit for 650. I want to buy your kit as it seems like some of the componants might be better. The solenoids and nozzles? Not having any experience I'm kind of lost as to what are the best parts but a lifetime warranty seems like a good thing. I heard the nx ones had a 10 year? But I also need to think about safety devices.. window switches purges and so forth. I was told from a friend with some nitrous experience that I want a window switch and a first gear lock out, purge and fuel pressure ? My car is a daily driver, my only car, so I don't want to blow the motor...
Old 06-22-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't have to cut my air lid at all with my new TNT kit. All I had to do was trim my slp smooth bellow to fit between the powerring and MAF sensor. I also really enjoy the look of the kit too. I'm nearing completion and can't wait to spray. Guys with TNT kits usually get good rwhp and rwtq results.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Banned

Oh.If you really need a power ring.I have one TNT power ring left ifor a stock size throttle body.Ill be more than happy to sell for 69.00.
Hope all this helped.
Dave
Does it work with the shark nozzles?
Old 06-22-2005, 01:18 PM
FormerVendor

OK,
Nx solenoids are lifetime warrenty.They will rebuild them and send them back to you for free.TNT will rebuild theres but you will have to pay for parts.The NX solenois also have a purge port directly in the side of the solenoid.This way you can purge all the air all the way up into the solenoid out.The NX jetting is accurate.This means if you put a 150hp jetting in it it will get exactly 150 in it.Not 175 or 200.They have spent the time and reasearch to make sure that the jetting is dead on.
The NX nozzle is oone of if not the best distributing nozzle on the market.This is why they can also offer wider range of jetting on there directports.

AS far as saftey devices,A window switch is a must.NX has the widest range of top quality accessories to help any system you choice fuction properly.

Now again nothing agaist TNT.If Texas speed is selling F1s for 650.00 thats a great deal.I have been told that TNT finaly has taken care of the fitment problems there power rings have had for 5 years now.So I can honestly say if thats the case the TNT kit is a great system.It has good stainless nozzles,good solenoids(do not have purge port though).The TNT kit is well worth 650.00.

This one will come down to prefference.
Dave
Old 06-22-2005, 01:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Does it work with the shark nozzles?
Yes the shark nozzles are 1/8 npt just like the TNT nozzles.
Dave
Old 06-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Banned

Yes the shark nozzles are 1/8 npt just like the TNT nozzles.
Dave
We need to talk, number?
Old 06-22-2005, 01:27 PM
FormerVendor

Our Toll free number is 1-866-648-7637
Old 06-22-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Nitrous Dave special vs TNT f1 kit, just as it sounds. Which kit is better? I'm going with one of them, dont have any experience w/nitorus so I'm looking for facts and experience. The one draw back to the dave kit from my inexperienced perception is the bellows to hold the nozzles. IS this ok or is the solid ring better? What does nitrous do to rubber after a while? Can someone with experience please compare the two kits and give the pro's and cons of them? Really need an informed opinion here, my car is a keeper, I wont be selling it. I have a set of prc 2.5 heads on the way as well if that helps with any factors.
This is a tough choice. I've been treated very well by Texas SPeed and would give them my business in a heartbeat. I've read nothing but possitive remarks about Dave as well. Remarks to the point where I want to buy from this guy as it sounds like he really cares about his customers. But I can only buy from one. Either one I go with I'm convinced I can't go wrong
Well it really depends on what you want to do with the car.. You say that your going to be keeping the car for a period of time?? Which is going to stay mounted correctly, a solid alum ring or holes in a rubber boot?? This is a concern to you and you admit to being completely new to the nitrous game.. Also which is more durable alum or stainless steel?? Our nozzles are medical grade stainless " the same material they make open heart surgery instruments out of " not built from bar alum stock, so they are going to be there 4 good.. Now the down side is stainless parts and billit alum rings are more expenssive than bungs and rubber bellows so its like anything else in the racing industry, you get what you pay 4.. Im not going to say buy TNT buy TNT buy TNT, cause that sounds like a car salesman making commision. All I can tell you is that we have an outstanding rep for power and reliablilty, but it costs more.. So if you need something to just get ya going our F1 kit will be an overkill.. I will have to say its nice to see other companys offering saftey equipment in some "special" kits, because the blow off cap and blow down tube has been standard equipment in TNT's kits since the begining of the company, our customer's saftey is more important than profit, just my .02.. Either kit you go with you will have a great time with, and make good power, its just the debate of what is necessary 4 your needs.. Texas Speed and Nitro Dave are both great companies to deal with, so you wont be dissapointed..
Old 06-22-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

OK,
Nx solenoids are lifetime warrenty.They will rebuild them and send them back to you for free.

Is that so?? N/C

TNT will rebuild theres but you will have to pay for parts.

Would you expect to keep getting valve's 4 free on a set of heads you purchased years ago?? And the whopping $19 for a new piston and no charge on labor is absolutely outrageous I guess??

The NX solenois also have a purge port directly in the side of the solenoid.This way you can purge all the air all the way up into the solenoid out.

No debate thats sweet..

The NX jetting is accurate.This means if you put a 150hp jetting in it it will get exactly 150 in it.Not 175 or 200.They have spent the time and reasearch to make sure that the jetting is dead on.

We have folder's of dyno sheets and I explianed our RWHP #'s since WE brought the RW Nitrous rating into the industry @900psi..

The NX nozzle is oone of if not the best distributing nozzle on the market.

Is 1 of definately, but far from the best.. Sorry I can say that and sleep well at night..No offense Ricky

This is why they can also offer wider range of jetting on there directports.

Our direct ports were designed to make power 300hp+, not make a car look intimidating while they use a 80hp setting..But then again if our nozzle had distribution problems I could see why you would need a direct port for good distribution at such a low setting

AS far as saftey devices,A window switch is a must.NX has the widest range of top quality accessories to help any system you choice fuction properly.

Agree, window switch is HIGHLY reccomended, and NX does make accesories and reccomend them all the time, but so does MSD's new digital switch which I perfer myself..

Now again nothing agaist TNT.If Texas speed is selling F1s for 650.00 thats a great deal.

Absolutley..

I have been told that TNT finaly has taken care of the fitment problems there power rings have had for 5 years now.

Cheap shot dave, everyone has issues at times cause three letters come to my mind "NXL" but conduct business how ever you feel like is necessary

So I can honestly say if thats the case the TNT kit is a great system.It has good stainless nozzles,good solenoids(do not have purge port though).The TNT kit is well worth 650.00.

This one will come down to prefference.
Dave
Sorry, had 2 get some facts straight..

Last edited by David@TNT; 06-22-2005 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by David@TNT
Sorry, had 2 get some facts straight..
Now David, the NXL thing Cheap Shot budy. NX did solve all if any issues rather quickly, I thought. By the way whats for lunch, you did you forget.
Ricky
Old 06-22-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

speaking of cheap shots and being able to sleep at night:
TNTDave, have you ever seen an aluminum nozzle 'wear-out' from nitrous flow?
Why add the weight and cost for SS vs. aluminum?
Old 06-22-2005, 03:03 PM
FormerVendor

David sorry I didnt mean that as a jab at TNT.I was just trying to state that the problem had been fixed.In the past that was a problem that actually kept me from selling a TNT kit to some customers.Alot of people would get upset about the fact that yall knew it was a problem and didnt fix it.They did not like cutting up a 100 dollar part to make the kit fit.So I was pointing out that it was fixed.
I should have typed it different but I was in a hurry.
I still think you guys offer a great system.Nothing personal.

NX had some problems with the NXL due to rushing it into the market to meet demand.But the went back and fixed all the problems and even took anysystem that was sold before hand back no questions asked.They also did not waist any time addressing the issue.
Thats great customer service.
Dave
Old 06-22-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Weight of a single nozzle stainless versus aluminum?? Come on now you are just being silly now.

Also just a guess but I think by durability I dont think he meant it wearing out from flowing nitrous, probably meant something more along the lines of how it will stand up to screwing the jet in, attaching the line and regular wear and tear. Over tightening aluminum is an easy thing to do if you arent careful kind of thing.

Oh and to the original poster:

Nitrous wont hurt the bellow, not sure what will happen with the fuel side of it(As will happen with a wet kit) though. I have seen some rubber materials last for a long time when exposed to fuel and I have seen some become brittle very quickly. Maybe Ricky or Dave can chime in on that one.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

A little silly, agreed.
SS and aluminum are both great for a nozzles, just don't see how you can say one is better than the other. thats all

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7
Weight of a single nozzle stainless versus aluminum?? Come on now you are just being silly now.

Also just a guess but I think by durability I dont think he meant it wearing out from flowing nitrous, probably meant something more along the lines of how it will stand up to screwing the jet in, attaching the line and regular wear and tear. Over tightening aluminum is an easy thing to do if you arent careful kind of thing.

Oh and to the original poster:

Nitrous wont hurt the bellow, not sure what will happen with the fuel side of it(As will happen with a wet kit) though. I have seen some rubber materials last for a long time when exposed to fuel and I have seen some become brittle very quickly. Maybe Ricky or Dave can chime in on that one.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One more thing to consider between these kits. That is the fact that TNT is 98% American made by American companys/workers. This does matter/concerns most of the older guys that have watched our companys either move or procure parts from Asia. I feel that I am not biased towards any n2o company as I have no direct involvement with any, just getting the facts out. Now I am not saying that NX is not of top quality, no way, they are top tier.

Last edited by Robert56; 06-22-2005 at 04:03 PM. Reason: fixed wording
Old 06-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Robert56
One more thing to consider between these kits. That is the fact that TNT is 98% American made by American companys/workers. This does matter/concerns most of the older guys that have watched our companys either move or procure parts from Asia. I feel that I am not biased towards any n2o company as I have no direct involvement with any, just getting the facts out. Now am I saying that NX is not of top quality, no way, they are top tier.
I think you meant to say, "Now I am not saying that NX is not of top quality, no way, they are top tier." Just wanted to help you out there. 98% I can match that.
Ricky
Old 06-22-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL I reread that post and it does say "NX is not top quality" LOL

I didnt even notice til you said it Ricky.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Dave special vs TNT f1 kit