Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune with Nitrous=less Na?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tune with Nitrous=less Na?

I got most of the dry kit installed except for wiring. I have Lg Lt Headers on the way and wanted to get tuned for it after the install. But do they tune the car diffrent because I have nitrous? I don't really wanna lose any NA power to get better nitrous power. If I get it tuned with Lt headers and nitrous will I have less power Na? Thanks
-Steve-
Old 06-27-2005, 01:27 PM
11 Second Club

to answer your question, if your tuner is good you will have the same timing maps and curves n/a and when you spray the dry nitrous under load your timing will be dropped. in other words you will still have the same hp off the gas if the tune is right. dry nitrous is easy to tune with, timing is based on load and rpms, your engine n/a only sees a certain load, on the gas the load increases so under this higher load is where you would drop or pull timing. hope that helps
Old 06-27-2005, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BIRDONNOS
to answer your question, if your tuner is good you will have the same timing maps and curves n/a and when you spray the dry nitrous under load your timing will be dropped. in other words you will still have the same hp off the gas if the tune is right. dry nitrous is easy to tune with, timing is based on load and rpms, your engine n/a only sees a certain load, on the gas the load increases so under this higher load is where you would drop or pull timing. hope that helps
Thanks. I will have to look for a good tuner.