Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous express install on 2000 z

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 06:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous express install on 2000 z

we just put my buddies nitrous on his automatic car. it is a wet shot, i believe 85 shot. it pulls hard when he hits the button but about 5 seconds later the car starts to sputter. any clues. please help......
Old 06-30-2005, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by layz
we just put my buddies nitrous on his automatic car. it is a wet shot, i believe 85 shot. it pulls hard when he hits the button but about 5 seconds later the car starts to sputter. any clues. please help......

Without more info its hard to say. Is jetted with the right fuel jet? Does it sputter after 5 seconds while still on the shot?
Old 07-01-2005, 08:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

yes i am still on the shot and it still sputters. it is the same jets that were in it when we had it on the other car.....that is all i know about this car it is not mine just asking for a friend...
Old 07-02-2005, 02:42 AM
Restricted User

What is the bottle pressure at before and during the run? Sounds like either a clogged screen on the solenoid side or bottle pressure drop. If assembled as per instructions, there is a small screen inside the fitting on the "IN" side of the nitrous solenoid, it tends to get clogged up, especially if there was teflon tape being used, or if the new bottle was not inspected inside for contaminants.

Charlie