Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing tuner wiring harness to the Crank sensor burnt off where can I get another??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 11:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing tuner wiring harness to the Crank sensor burnt off where can I get another??

The wire and loom are all melted and the barley exposed wires shorted out on the block. Was a disaster it let go on the dyno @ around 5K and the car was actually shooting flames out the tail pipe on a pull we tried because the timing was all over the place. Thank god I didn't try the nitrous on that pull!!!

Word to the wise put some heat tape or heat loom around that harness to the crank sensor. Had a hell of a time getting home.

Now where can I get another harness? Tried emailing Ramchargers but couldn't find an addy to mail them on the site....?

Last edited by speedo; 07-01-2005 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Try here http://www.waytekwire.com/

Click on Products, then choose "connectors, multi pin" from the Choose Category list on the left.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the link, I know I didn't post the thread but the 3 pin connector that goes in to the CPS burned out on my Timing Tuner harness as well

Item # 38203

I believe that's the one that we need, only thing is that you have to order at least 21 of them at .24cents each. A person could always use a few spares

BTW: I got in touch with a guy from RamChargers who tracked down a way to purchase just the harness itself for the Timing Tuner, only thing is that it's 32 bucks plus shipping from what I recall. If you want the contact info, shoot a PM my way and I'll hook ya up.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would purchase a few of these from you for a project I am working on. That is if you go ahead and buy 21 of them. No sense in all of us buying the minimum if we all need(want) them. I guess $5.04 does not exactly break the bank though
Old 07-04-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

For some reason the Products section of their site isn't working for me right now. Give me a couple of days to get a chance and order a batch. I'll keep the thread updated once I receive them, evidentally I'm not the only one thats had the problem with a melted connector