Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

200/250 Wet Shot + Bolt-ons

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 200/250 Wet Shot + Bolt-ons

I have a 2002 fbody with lid, MAF, TB, TR6s @ .035, headers, a catback and nitrous. These are my ONLY mods (besides some appearance). I have a fuel pump coming in the mail. I'm using NX everything + Maximizer II and was wondering a few things:

1) People say use the stock MAF... but can it handle the extra 200/250 HP without modifcations?

2) How will my transmission like the torque?

3) Can my engine handle it? I don't have anything to pull timing yet. ...planning on getting HPTuners. So before you guys say "pull timing" can octane booster (or just 100 octane) help with detonation?

Thanks,
somebody
Old 07-06-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ask 383LQ4SS - i am sure he will chime in. IMO its REALLY REALLY on the super hardcore side but i think it can be done a few times. you dont think this would be realiable power do you?

and the tune will have to be PERFECT. i would run 110-117 if possible. 100 octane isnt gonna cut it with those cylinder pressures, even with the maximizer working perfectly.

what is possessing you do try this out? and 250 of wet shot is a LOT of fuel into the intake.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:30 AM
Launching!

If you are hosing a wet shot, the MAF practically has ZERO roll play in the matter. Seeing how you would mount the nozzles after the MAF in a wet style configuration. If you plan to hose those numbers you speak of in dry kit form,,, i dont recomend it given your on stock injectors aside from MANY other aspects.

What trans? a4 or m6?

honestly, unless you love playing with fire more than i do... You need to pull some timing for that much HP worth of nitrous. better to be safe than sorry. a 75-100 shot on stock timing MAYBE, but i always follow the rule of 2* retard per 50rwhp worth of nitrous.

To spray those numbers, you need much more attention in your fuel delivery dept and timing as well. otherwise you run a big risk of damaging your engine. I would feel funny spraying anything over 150 shot on a dual nozzle system. I would and am going direct port. Thats just my personal preference....
Old 07-07-2005, 08:21 AM
FormerVendor

Maybe look into getting the LS1 Timing Tuner? At least that way you can still run more timing NA without flashing the computer all the time. Or is this more of a race only setup?

Matt

Originally Posted by Somebody09
I have a 2002 fbody with lid, MAF, TB, TR6s @ .035, headers, a catback and nitrous. These are my ONLY mods (besides some appearance). I have a fuel pump coming in the mail. I'm using NX everything + Maximizer II and was wondering a few things:

1) People say use the stock MAF... but can it handle the extra 200/250 HP without modifcations?

3) Can my engine handle it? I don't have anything to pull timing yet. ...planning on getting HPTuners. So before you guys say "pull timing" can octane booster (or just 100 octane) help with detonation?

Thanks,
somebody
Old 07-07-2005, 09:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Assuming your car has a stock tune a 150 is usually fine without pulling timing.Jumping up to a 200 will probley require pulling some timing even with race gas.The only way to know for sure is to watch for knock.Like matt said if you want the best of both worlds look into the timing tuner.We sell them for 259.00.
Dave
Old 07-07-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Veteran

are you saying a dual stage 200/250 for a 450 total? Or just either 200 shot or maybe a 250 shot?

If its just a 200 shot or a 250 shot sure you can spray that. And with the maximizer it will make it much easier on everything. I will assume with your mods you are around 340 rwhp. Adding a 200 shot will put you in the neghborhood of 550 rwhp. The intank walbro 255 will definately give you enough fuel for that. I would either use a TT to pull about 3-5 degrees...or just get it tuned and be conservative of timing...say 24 degrees. I would also use some 100 octane. Although at 550 rwhp WITH using the Maximizer you may actually be able to spray that shot without race gas because you will not have the 650 ft/lbs at activation if you bring the nitrous in slowly. That huge Tq spike on a regular shot is where detonation would occur. To be most effective to limit Tq use the Maximizer in RPM based mode to add the juice with rpm to limit the big TQ down low.

If your a track rat consider using the Time based. This will still limit Tq but not as finely as the rpm based. I would use race gas in this mode with the 200 or 250 shot.

Thats what I like about the MAximizer II. I consider the Time based for people who want to run at the track (or street) from a stop and put emphasis on consistancy in ET's. I see the RPM based programs as a way to get as much possible power from an engine....then try to figure out how to hook it up

If you step to the 250...I would recomend a little timing retard and some 100 octane either way.

A 250 from a single or dual nozzle down the intake can be risky...using the MAximizer will certainly help that though. Be sure to run it a little on the rich side to cover the leaner cylinders due to uneven manifold distribution.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

Single nozzle, either 200 or 250. I'm leaning more towards 200 because of the timing. I didn't think the MAF would play a role in this... except it's SLP's and I'm not sure exactly what their MAF is telling my computer. It's in an automatic and I'm definately using the RPM feature with the Maximizer -- traction will be a problem! This will be a one time deal at the local track to try and shut this KB Cobra up! After that, I'll hang around a 75 shot for a while.

Thanks guys for all your replies! You're awesome
Old 07-07-2005, 03:02 PM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

As a practical matter, and while the stock motor will handle the stress for a while, if you are going to spray it that hard, you need to get to know a good engine builder.
Originally Posted by Somebody09

Thanks,
somebody