Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't know which setup to go with, help

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 09:43 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Don't know which setup to go with, help

I'm wanting to go with a modest 75-80 shot and I am curious what would be the best setup for my car.

- Comp Cam (224/228 .563/.563 112 LSA) w/ 7.400’ chrome moly pushrods
- GTP Stage 2 ported LS1 heads
- MAC midlength headers w/ offroad y-pipe
- NGK TR-55 Spark Plugs
- LS6 Intake
- Granatelli MAF

If possible, I would like the most basic kit as I do not want to spend top dollar for it. If the most basic kit is kind of chincy then I will not hesitate to step up a bit. Thanks in advance for your help. Any input would be great

-Mike
Old 07-13-2005, 11:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are many different options you could go with. If you are wanting to use a wet system I would suggest taking a look at the NX Stg. 1 EFI system. It is relatively simple, using a single nozzle and is adjustable from 50-150rwhp.

There are also a few accessories I would suggest getting for some insurance against problems in the future. The GenX-2 and a window switch are the main things I would suggest.

Take a look at Nitro Dave's July specials (there's a thread on it here in the nitrous section). He has the Stg.1 system with a GenX-2 and a window switch all for a very good price.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I would agree with Jeremy the best kit for your application would be a single nozzle.

I would however recommend the Dynotune kit http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=104 Quality, Customer Service and industry leading pricing!

I would also recommend a window switch also along with a bottle heater, gauge, Blow Down Tube, Purge and a FPSS. Plan on spending close to $800 for everything.

Whichever route you choose you will be happy!

Dean
Old 07-13-2005, 12:00 PM
Launching!

thanks guys, i appreciate it. I took a look at the specials and the prices are not bad at all for everything that is included. It seems like basically the single nozzle wet system shuold be best suited for my needs. All I would need would be a weekend and it would become even more of a beast

I think its safe to assume a larger fuel pump would be necessary as well, which is not a big deal as they are very cheap. I figured after everything, including little extras for install and dyno tuning, it shuold be somewhere a little north of $1000. But then after that I'm easily low 11's. Thanks again!

-Mike
Old 07-13-2005, 02:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
There are many different options you could go with. If you are wanting to use a wet system I would suggest taking a look at the NX Stg. 1 EFI system. It is relatively simple, using a single nozzle and is adjustable from 50-150rwhp.

There are also a few accessories I would suggest getting for some insurance against problems in the future. The GenX-2 and a window switch are the main things I would suggest.

Take a look at Nitro Dave's July specials (there's a thread on it here in the nitrous section). He has the Stg.1 system with a GenX-2 and a window switch all for a very good price.
I have a similar set up and went with this kit.

Too bad I have to wait for more $ to get all the safety stuff
Old 07-14-2005, 08:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Are you a Md guy? Any basic wet kit will do what you want, or go with a dry kit and you can completely hide everything. I like to do the dry setups now just because of how clean everything turns out to be. Theres a few trick items out now to elimnate the mass of wiring used to need with WOT switch, window switches etc etc
Old 07-15-2005, 05:54 PM
Launching!

im from MO if thats what you were asking. I do like the idea of the dry shot with it hiding and such, seems like a good idea. I do have one question though, if I get my car tuned to handle the shot, won't the NA numbers be lower? I would just use the shot occasionally, if something fast comes by me. I would like to keep my power level NA but still get the boost when needed. Thanks again

-Mike