Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

comparing nos nozzle kit to nxl kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 12:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default comparing nos nozzle kit to nxl kit

i had the nos nossle kit 125 shot, hit hard, felt strong, did not like the looks of the kit, so found a buyer for the nos kit and decided to buy the nxl kit, very clean install, but with a 120 shot it doesnt seem to have the same punch the nos kit had..... does anyone know of any other complaints on the nxl kits recently maybe wrong jetting, i do have the right jets installed - fuel 10 and nitrous 20. any help appreciated.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What is your air fuel? This will play a huge factor.
Dave
Old 07-21-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a question related to this also. I'm one of the original guys that bought this NXL kit and I also have all the upgrades for it. Before I got the kit installed, my car went out of commission and has been down for more than a year and a half due to a previous sponsor screwing me over.

Anyhow, I am FINALLY now putting the car back together this week and still have this kit even though I'm aware most of the others that bought this kit along with me no longer have it and are now running something else.

What I want to know is, now that it's probably close to 2 years later, how have the results been overall with this kit? Can it perform as well as the NOSzle kit if tuned properly? It seems nobody on the board got results they wanted out of it 2 years ago, but I wondered if anything has changed now that it has been out for awhile. Have there been good results with it other than at NX that Ricky, Dave or someone experienced can share? Is the secret really in the tune or is there any new hardware I need?

I want to keep the kit, but after not being able to drive my car for so long I really don't want to have to mess with something that may or may not work for me. I'm just looking to run a good solid 150-180 shot that will hit hard and put that number to the tire without a lot of difficulty and provide the added security of even fuel and N20 distribution that a DP system provides.

Any feedback would be great. Every person I've asked about their results with this kit that used to have it got rid of it, and I just want to understand why or what I need to do so I/others can run it successfully.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Teching In

my air fuel shouldnt be playing any factor in this case, since i havnt changed anything different in tuning all i did was swap kits, i think nx needs to look into there jet selections. i wonder if i can have the car dyno tested with the nx jets and then swap in the nos jets ?
Old 07-21-2005, 11:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NX jets and NOS jets are different. They have a different base diameter.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:31 PM
11 Second Club

Oh, and there are a RARE few people that have more knowledge of nitrous systems around here than Nitro Dave. You might want to listen to him.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:36 PM
Teching In

i believe the jets are different but wont i be getting the same nitrous flow thru those jets that i got with the nos kit.....i believe i will. i dont think the nx fuel and nitrous solenoids know what jets are in the nossles and the bottles hold the same nitrous, maybe the nossles are different but could i use the nos nossles? im curious
Old 07-21-2005, 11:38 PM
Teching In

nitrous dave help me make sense why the nos nossles and jets wont work in thi case
Old 07-22-2005, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99JEFFTA
my air fuel shouldnt be playing any factor in this case, since i havnt changed anything different in tuning all i did was swap kits, i think nx needs to look into there jet selections. i wonder if i can have the car dyno tested with the nx jets and then swap in the nos jets ?

The NXL has gone through 2 different jetting patterns already. I know the second time around NX was able to get the power that was supposed to be there based on the jets, but it seemed nobody else was able to.

I'm kind of dissappointed that people are still having the same problems as a year or more ago.

If you try out using the NOS nozzles and jets... let us know. I think it would work as long as the feed lines and connectors are the same size as on the NOSzle kit.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:16 AM
11 Second Club

I believe oriface numbers are the same between brands. You might get a NOS jet to fit in a NX nozzle, due to the fact that the NOS jets are smaller diameter, but I'm not going to personally recommend it.
I believe the biggest reason the NXL kits seemed to hit so soft was because they drew fuel off the fuel rail at the same time the injectors were jumping way up in fuel demand. It caused a momentary fuel drop and lean spike that very few people seemed to work around (thus, a dyno graph w/wideband air fuel is crucial to tuning these!).
The NOSZLE setup had an independent rail for fuel so it could be supplied by it's own pump and regulator.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V-10 Killer
I believe oriface numbers are the same between brands. You might get a NOS jet to fit in a NX nozzle, due to the fact that the NOS jets are smaller diameter, but I'm not going to personally recommend it.
I believe the biggest reason the NXL kits seemed to hit so soft was because they drew fuel off the fuel rail at the same time the injectors were jumping way up in fuel demand. It caused a momentary fuel drop and lean spike that very few people seemed to work around (thus, a dyno graph w/wideband air fuel is crucial to tuning these!).
The NOSZLE setup had an independent rail for fuel so it could be supplied by it's own pump and regulator.
There is a solution to that...... NX released a fuel accumulator that provides extra fuel when the system hits, I bought it when it came out awhile ago. That problem was fixed, but I still haven't heard of anyone getting the power that is supposed to be there on the dyno other than NX.

Also, I don't think he was really thinking about using NOS jets in the NXL nozzles, but use both the NOS Nozzles and jets.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

do a search, i was gonna get a nxl kit on ebay last nite bc it looked like a sweet setup, but after reading awful reviews on here i declined.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:26 AM
FormerVendor

Ok,
First the air fuel questions.
The orfice size in the jets are the same.However the Jet desighn between the two companys are different.Do not use NOS jets in a NX kit and Vise a versa.
Everycar may differ as far as jetting.The manafacture can give you a close jetting but it may vary from car to car.The best things to check if the car does not seem right is the bottle pressure,airfuel and whether or not its getting traction.

As for the concerns with the NXL system....When this system was first released there was some issues.Do to the supply demand the system was tested shortly and brought to market to early (my opinion). Anyways the system had a few issues with fradgile line fittings,jetting,and bolts I beleave.There were actually I think maybe 3 people that actually had a actual problem with there system out of all the ones sold (not including what was already mentioned).What happen is because of the easy fix problems there was it created a mass panic with everyone that had the system.In most cases the customer did not even have any problems them selfs but were worried about it.NX had taken and sent everyone the new parts and jets at no cost.Then they let anyone send there kits back to exchange for something else that wanted to.Out of all the ones sold only 6 were returned.I know for a fact that several of those returned did not even have problems.They just wanted something else.Which was fine.
Personaly I have not sold alot of the newest NXL kit on the market but the few I have sold have had no negative feed back.

This is how I personaly rate the system.
I feel this system is desighned and best fits the guy looking to spray in the range of 180-220 ish and have the intimidating directport look with out all the extra work.I personaly feel that the guy looking to spray 250-300 pluss should go to a real directport.
Nx has a accumalater that may be required in some cases.This unit is desighned to supply extra needed fuel if needed.I suggest running the accumalter whetrher you think you need it or not.

To sum it up.I feel that this system is fine with the accumalater.Thsi system is the cleanest under the injector unit on the market.
Thanks
Dave
Old 07-22-2005, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
To sum it up.I feel that this system is fine with the accumalater.Thsi system is the cleanest under the injector unit on the market.
Thanks
Dave
Dave,

Thanks for the input. I have all the upgrades with the new lines, new jets, new fuel rail mounts and fuel accumulator. My concern is the power output.

I know NX Was able to run a 200 or 250 shot and got over 600 to the tire on their car, but has anyone else been able to achieve those results? It seemed to me that most people that were trying to run the 180 shot only could get about 130 or so to the tire with it.

Have you seen anyone put out over 600 to the tires with this kit other than NX? Do you know if Brains still has his kit on his car? I know he was one of the first ones to get it and talk about it with everyone.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Dave, Everything You Mentioned Is Correct But That Does Not Help Me With The Power I Am Getting From This Kit, I Taked To The Tech S At Nx They Tell Me There Systems Run Rich And I May Have To Do Some Tuning On The Dyno With Different Jet Sizes, So I Am Ordering A Jet Kit And Tuning It Myself On The Dyno. Will Get Back Soon With Correct Jetting Sizes
Old 07-22-2005, 02:34 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 99JEFFTA
Dave, Everything You Mentioned Is Correct But That Does Not Help Me With The Power I Am Getting From This Kit, I Taked To The Tech S At Nx They Tell Me There Systems Run Rich And I May Have To Do Some Tuning On The Dyno With Different Jet Sizes, So I Am Ordering A Jet Kit And Tuning It Myself On The Dyno. Will Get Back Soon With Correct Jetting Sizes
Ok no problem.But you have still not told me what the bottle pressure or air fuel is.When you put it on the dyno.Tune the air fuel for 11.8 to 12.1.The bottle pressure needs to stay consistant for tunning.About 1050 is perfect.Also you will need to keep the bottle full.

Dave
Old 07-22-2005, 02:36 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JF WS6
Dave,

Thanks for the input. I have all the upgrades with the new lines, new jets, new fuel rail mounts and fuel accumulator. My concern is the power output.

I know NX Was able to run a 200 or 250 shot and got over 600 to the tire on their car, but has anyone else been able to achieve those results? It seemed to me that most people that were trying to run the 180 shot only could get about 130 or so to the tire with it.

Have you seen anyone put out over 600 to the tires with this kit other than NX? Do you know if Brains still has his kit on his car? I know he was one of the first ones to get it and talk about it with everyone.
Jeff,
Actually the guys taht did the testing on the NX car were freinds of mine assure you that the info is accurate.Yes the fisrt systems jettings were way off and they were not making the advertised Hp.That problem is now fixed.
Dave

Quick Reply: comparing nos nozzle kit to nxl kit