Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just bought the bottle CANT WAIT!!! few questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought the bottle CANT WAIT!!! few questions

i dont know squat about any of this lol im not going to hook the nitrous to the car, im just going to use it as the purge! now my question is, can anybody tell me what i would need for this? a diagram would be PERFECT (pics from bottle to purge would be cool to) (im a visual learner)...cuz it will give me a good idea of what to buy next lol! from what i know...it goes from the bottle to the main nitrous feed (thick braided line) which goes all the way to the front end of the car, which would connect to the purge(?)(im getting the mastr blaster), down the purge line and into the air....! thats what i think happens but need more info! what size lines(?) and stuff like that! a little help would be very appreciated
Old 07-23-2005, 06:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry man but I think it is a dumb idea. Your gonna drive around purging like you have nitrous, but you don't. Well you're gonna wind up racing some people that will think you have it even though you actually don't. I just think it is VERY ricey. If your gonna buy the stuff then have it hooked to the car, and use it. My .02.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BriancWS6
Sorry man but I think it is a dumb idea. Your gonna drive around purging like you have nitrous, but you don't. Well you're gonna wind up racing some people that will think you have it even though you actually don't. I just think it is VERY ricey. If your gonna buy the stuff then have it hooked to the car, and use it. My .02.

I completely agree, it's definitely pure rice to purge when you don't even have spray installed.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:00 AM
TECH Resident

Just make sure you're purging right before the MAF and at full throttle.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:23 AM
Staging Lane

i dont think my thread title said "stupid people opinions wanted" i think you have the wrong forum. i believe the "how to look cool and feel accepted" thread is on onother site! i have my interests and you have yours...thanks so much for your concerns...the car is quick enuf! anyway about my question...if you dont know the answer to it move to the next post please
Old 07-24-2005, 06:27 AM
Banned

lol you really shouldnt buy nitros if you just want to purge maybe get a oxygen tank from a welding supply and buy a noid and your done.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:57 AM
TECH Resident

Save money and purge CO2 instead, theres a website that sells a complete kit for it and it's generally cheap...
Old 07-24-2005, 10:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LoudmouthLT1
Save money and purge CO2 instead, theres a website that sells a complete kit for it and it's generally cheap...

I agree... get a Co2 purge kit. You can get a Co2 bottle filled at a welding supply shop for about $7.00 as aposed to $30-$50 for N20. Good luck!

Doug
Old 07-24-2005, 10:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LoudmouthLT1
Ditto. Nitrous is just too expensive to just spit it out into the air for 'show' only.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:05 AM
11 Second Club

i heard they know on www.clubsi.com
Old 07-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

thats great guys...i appreciate your concern...i really do...i guess we are all homeboys or something like that...thanks homeboys for your concerns...we tite! but i have the money to spend...im not trying to be mean or rude...all i want is for my question to be answered! i already know about the co2 purge kit...its gay and poser-ish...it doesnt look the same...AND it doesn smell the same!...i want something that maybe in the future i might want to actually hook up to the car like when my extended warrenty is outdated or something(for all you slow thinkers)...but for now all i want is the purge! give me your opinion if you want (pointless) just please answer the question! this IS the nitrous section ISNT it??
Old 07-24-2005, 06:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by muscleHud
i already know about the co2 purge kit...its gay and poser-ish... this IS the nitrous section ISNT it??

soooooo just driving around purging nitrous isn't being poser-ish? I'm not trying to slam you or anything but I don't really like the idea myself, I would say that would be poser-ish. But to each his own

yes this is the nitrous section, but i would seriously consider the CO2 instead...might have gotten less static in the appreance section
Old 07-25-2005, 01:48 AM
Truck Sponsor

I think that nitrous purge **** when you are not even spraying is ricer also,I accually can not beleive someone would waste nitrous like that anyways!That **** is to damn bad *** to be spraying through the air just for looks!I have a purge on my truck but it is not for looks by anymeans,that is not why i got it!
Old 07-25-2005, 05:38 AM
Banned

lol he is getting mad becouse no one will tell him how to purge, everyone keeps bashing his ricer ideas. look muscle it will come with instructions so easy to install a purge and you decide where you want to put the tube. or you can buy some longer tube . here is a note try to keep under 18 inches or in your case it wont matter how much you waste becouse your just plain wasting it. just think everytime you purge at someone and they purge back what are you gonna do keeep purging as you race him.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You will need the following parts.
10lb nitrous bottle,Bottle brackets,14 foot main feed line,
Purge kit.Now if you decide you want to use CO2 to keep it more affordable order your bottle with a co2 valve.Asa for instructions it is real simple.Mount the bottle.Run the main feed line.Mount the purge solenoid and wire it in.You may want to just go ahead and order a nitrous system and just use half the system wired as a purge.This way when you step up to wanting to actually spray you already have it.
Let me know if I can help you out.
Dave
Old 07-25-2005, 09:21 AM
Restricted User

Great advice Dave. As stated, it's going to suck paying $5/lb. for nitrous, only to have it filled again and again (read: $50 per 10lb. bottle or more). Nitrous has no real smell to it, if you ask me, nor would I want to smell it...and neither would anyone else for that matter. Purging CO2 is going to look the same and be a cheaper alternative. I would definately consider it.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Banned

also if your worried about warrnty you might not want to go the nitrous route . if they see it in the car i guarentee your warranty will be no more. that is what my friend which is the service manager in chevy of greer said . even if you dont hook it up to your intake they will go ahead and assume your spraying .
Old 07-25-2005, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

while you're at it are you going to get one of those electronic BOV sound makers also? that would oWn jo0!
Old 07-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LETZ RUN
while you're at it are you going to get one of those electronic BOV sound makers also? that would oWn jo0!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2001z
... here is a note try to keep under 18 inches ...
Why??? Honestly, why 18"? My line is all long and crap since my solenoid isn't near the windshield. Is it that bad? I mean... it's only just wasting a little gas, right?

-somebody