Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Problem, PLEASE help me solve it

Old 08-02-2005, 10:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Problem, PLEASE help me solve it

Alright first off the system is derived from a plate kit that I bought, a Fogger2 Nozzle and purchased the lines. Well my lines going to the nozzle are -3 brakeline(Braided S.S.). Everything is working good. No FPSS, bottle pressure is at 1000-1100. Running 62/35 jets. Timing pulled out 3.5 degrees via Mallory box. Also have tr6 plugs gapped at .035.

The problem is that when you hit the nitrous it seems to be not making very much power, I have had a 125 shot on a Mustang in the past and it was hit and pulled so much more compared to this car. So I wonder if the -3 lines are to small? Is the fuel pump possably on the weak side? No lines seem to be plugged checked that. I ran it in the 1/4 it went from 102 mph to 111 mph. That to me does not seem right. My Mustang went from a 98-99 mph to a 114 mph. Any help or suggestion would be great cause I would like to get this tuned in before I go back to the track. I think it should net 116-117 mph.

LT-1 car!

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 08-02-2005, 10:45 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Owens Racing™
Alright first off the system is derived from a plate kit that I bought, a Fogger2 Nozzle and purchased the lines. Well my lines going to the nozzle are -3 brakeline(Braided S.S.). Everything is working good. No FPSS, bottle pressure is at 1000-1100. Running 62/35 jets. Timing pulled out 3.5 degrees via Mallory box. Also have tr6 plugs gapped at .035.

The problem is that when you hit the nitrous it seems to be not making very much power, I have had a 125 shot on a Mustang in the past and it was hit and pulled so much more compared to this car. So I wonder if the -3 lines are to small? Is the fuel pump possably on the weak side? No lines seem to be plugged checked that. I ran it in the 1/4 it went from 102 mph to 111 mph. That to me does not seem right. My Mustang went from a 98-99 mph to a 114 mph. Any help or suggestion would be great cause I would like to get this tuned in before I go back to the track. I think it should net 116-117 mph.

LT-1 car!

Thanks,
Jeff
O boy, a lot of things could be off here. The MPH you picked up 9 mph on a 125 shot. Is that from the get go or do you hit once down track... The camaro is Heavier then a mustang, and a 62/35 is 150 but that is for 45psi of fuel pressure. Where is the nozzle mouted, whos jets, really should not need to pull any timing with good premium gas...
Also how large are the noids you are using..
Sorry for all the questions but alot of things can throw off numbers.
Ricky
Old 08-02-2005, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Spraying through window switch set 3k-6k spraying off the line felt good for a few feet then started lacking and almost felt like a miss/buck. Noids are from Nitrous Works there standard ones, kit was supposed to do 200-250 shot on a carb set-up. Nozzle is mounted on the inside bend of the rubber elbow shooting straight towards the left T/B plate about two inches away the plate itself. Jets are one from Nitrous Works the 62 and the fuel jet 35 from NX. The timing is being pulled cause the car has a tune in it, the tuner reccomneded 3-4 degrees. Sorry I did not mention that. Also that I think about it at the track I pulled 5 or 6 degrees trying to start safe. But the car still does not rip like it should.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 08-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Restricted User

Stick or Auto car? Fuel pressure could be wrong for the jet you have and I forget how much pressure an LT-1 uses. If you're around 50-55 fuel press., then that jet is too big. Tame your timing back to near stock, maybe only -2 degrees.

Check the simple stuff too: good wires, filter, plugs, etc.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:37 AM
BMN
TECH Apprentice

If I remembor rite, I think I saw the LT1 fuel pressure was 33-45 in the NX instruction book.Cant remembor the jet sizes though.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Auto car and the filter and the plugs all the stuff is has less then 300 miles on it, went through the car this winter and got it running like a month agao, only driven it four or five times.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Restricted User

I think the window switch on an auto car is a hindrance. I spray a 200+ shot on my th350 from 1st gear launch to 3rd gear through the traps.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NOSjohn
I think the window switch on an auto car is a hindrance. I spray a 200+ shot on my th350 from 1st gear launch to 3rd gear through the traps.
Thanks for your opinion, but I do not run a wide open throttle switch so I like the window switch. Also how is this helping me with the nitrous probl;em I have?

J/K don't take it serious.

Jeff
Old 08-02-2005, 01:57 PM
BMN
TECH Apprentice

Did you pull your plugs and take a look at them yet? What kinda story are they telling ya?
Old 08-02-2005, 02:52 PM
Teching In

Check plugs this weekend. You now I hate these cars when it comes to plugs!!!! Makes me miss my Stang, also have stock manifolds I hear headers with no AIR are hell of alot easier. I will be doinf them soon just for plug sakes! But a HP gqain is nice.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Owens Racing™
Thanks for your opinion, but I do not run a wide open throttle switch so I like the window switch. Also how is this helping me with the nitrous probl;em I have?

J/K don't take it serious.

Jeff
Well, it's like this: it's ALL or NOTHING...when it comes to racing. I think someone posted before not using nitrous to it's full potential is like having a super-model for a girlfriend and only "sticking it in half-way and then pulling it out".

No harm done, I'm an open-minded person.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NOSjohn
Well, it's like this: it's ALL or NOTHING...when it comes to racing. I think someone posted before not using nitrous to it's full potential is like having a super-model for a girlfriend and only "sticking it in half-way and then pulling it out".

No harm done, I'm an open-minded person.
awesome saying

Search this Thread