Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did U run the nitrous hose from the bottle to the solenoid on your C5?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How did U run the nitrous hose from the bottle to the solenoid on your C5?

I am putting the bottle in the center compartment. I planned to run the hose through the passenger area to behind the battery. But the hose will not make the bend over the little hump behind the seat. I don't want to kink the hose and don't want it to show either.

How have you guys done this?

What about under the car? I haven't looked under there yet. What about pushing it through the area behind the rocker panel? I would not want to chance chafing the hose somewhere where you can't really see the hose. Maybe putting it inside a 3/4" heater hose to protect it from chafing or heat?

Ideas please.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Run it behind the plastic trim. You'll have to take seat belt bolt out, then trim snaps in/out. Also, start with trim over door sill and work your way back. Hose fits under the sill also. You know about rubber gromet to access behind batt area?
Robert
Old 08-24-2005, 07:24 AM
11 Second Club

I took what I think is a better and easier route than going through the interior of the car.

I first drilled out and enlarged the drain hole in the bottom of the center trunk compartment and passed the nitrous line through it. Then I passed the line across the top of the rear suspension cradle over to the passenger side inner fenderwell area securing it with wire ties as needed. After removing both passenger side wheels and tires, I pulled opened the front and rear inner fender wells giving me access to the nice gap between the car frame and the rocker panel. I then took a "fish" and slid it from the front to the rear, attached the nitrous line (and a few wires I needed to go to the battery) and pulled it through. It was then an easy task to push the line straight up into the engine compartment via the area directly behind the battery and on over to the nitrous solenoid. It was very simple to do it this way, the nitrous line is well away from any heat sources, and it's not running through your passenger compartment (an NHRA violation).

Good luck with your installation!

Last edited by XTrooper; 08-25-2005 at 07:59 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We run it under the plastic as well, but we enter the engine via the rubber grommet near the clutch pedal, above.... seemed to work out well. DynoTune's kit comes with a 16' feedline so it makes it a bit easier... You will need to make some backer plates for the bottle brackets as there is no material in the hump area that is strong enough...
just use big body washers if you need to

Dan
Old 08-24-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Robert56
Run it behind the plastic trim. You'll have to take seat belt bolt out, then trim snaps in/out. Also, start with trim over door sill and work your way back. Hose fits under the sill also. You know about rubber gromet to access behind batt area?
Robert
Ran mine like above. I had the complete interior passenger side out already for all the wiring and just seemed logical to do it that way.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

My 15lb bottle mounting, bottle is actually rotated 180 degrees.

Then I just ran the line through a hole in the tub, over/around the rear diff, and down the torque tube tunnel. Comes out behind the motor on the passenger side and connects to the purge solenoid manifold by the radiator overflow tank. My Nitrous line is covered in 3/8 fuel line hose, then a layer of 3/4 inch fuel hose over that. To protect and insulate the feed line.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the good ideas guys.
Now I will have to wake up & go back to work.

Quick Reply: How did U run the nitrous hose from the bottle to the solenoid on your C5?