Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bottle Mounting Question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 10:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bottle Mounting Question...

I know that the bottle has to be facing towards the front of the veh, but does the angle of the bottle matter? I know that the front has to be higher than the back, but does the degree of how elevated the front is matter? I was planning on mounting the bottle between the back seats on the hump, but the hump already has a slight downward angle to it. Is it ok to just use the brackets that came with the kit, or do I need to elevate the front of the bottle more since what I'm mounting on is not a flat surface? Since we're on the nitrous subject....Does it matter where you mount the solenoids in the engine bay? I've noticed that a lot of people mount everything on the passenger side. Is there a reason for this or just more convienient? I'm actually going to mount everything on the driver side, just wanted to make sure that it didn't matter where. Sorry that this was so looooong. Thanks for your input.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:44 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It only needs to be a bit hoigher on the front, you just want to make sure the liquid nitrous gets to the pickup tube at the corner of the bottle.

Dan
Old 08-24-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes tilt the bottle up in front so pick up tube entrence will be covered with liquid nitrous at all times.

I mounted my solenoids on drivers side. My main nitrous line is routed under rear back seat through OEM grommet along fuel lines with plastic ties. Nitrous solenoid is mounted on top of shock tower with a bracket I fabricated out of 1/8" x 1" steel. My purge vent tube was made from easy to bend 3/16" brake line which exits out between/under rubber moulding in front of drivers vision. My fuel solenoid is mounted on the end of OEM fuel rail with EARL's 916104erl -4 Female to 1/8" male NPT Swivel. Hot and ground wire locations a very easy to get to also.
Attached Thumbnails Bottle Mounting Question...-ear-916104erl_w-3-.jpg  

Last edited by gollum; 08-24-2005 at 12:23 PM.