Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous newbie needs help????

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous newbie needs help????

hey guys i am thinking about spraying my car a little mods in sig. i have some questions i all ready did some searching and can't find what i want to know. i am thinking about thinking the nos 05177 dry kit. do i need to watch my bottle pressure with a gauge, do i need an upgraded pump and injectors, i only want to run a small 50 or 75 shot just play around with. can a mail order tune get me were i need to be with a dry shot. i have a tsp mail order tune right now. any info would be great thanks guys
Old 08-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by REDWS6ROCKET
hey guys i am thinking about spraying my car a little mods in sig. i have some questions i all ready did some searching and can't find what i want to know. i am thinking about thinking the nos 05177 dry kit. do i need to watch my bottle pressure with a gauge, do i need an upgraded pump and injectors, i only want to run a small 50 or 75 shot just play around with. can a mail order tune get me were i need to be with a dry shot. i have a tsp mail order tune right now. any info would be great thanks guys
1. Yes you definately need some sort of gauge, keep the pressure around ~1050

2. upgraded pump and injectors? Probably considering your already probably over 400 rwhp with your modifications, a wet kit will enable you to only need a fuel pump.

3. I would not even spray once with the mail order tune, take it somewhere and have it professionally tuned. Never can be to safe when it comes to nitrous.

4. Get a window switch, bottle heater, FPSS, and a WOT switch to be absolutely sure your safe. Spraying through your shifts will only hurt your transmission, a window switch will help this.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Regular

that is why i am really thinking hard about it there is so much going on and so much extra money too.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:52 PM
Launching!

If you look around you can find some good deals. You can get everything for ~650 if you get EVERYTHING that you need. Much cheaper if you get a baseline kit. Just be sure to get a wot switch and a widnow switch. Many people don't but I think its necessary to be safe. I'm still in the process of buying my stuff. Just do what I'm doing, taking it one step at a time!

-Mike
Old 08-25-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Regular

so i still need a window switch for a a4 car too. i thought just for a m6
Old 08-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Launching!

its not as big of a deal with the auto but it will help for not nitrousing through your shifts.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are looking to go Dry on a budget but still want quality look at our single nozzle dry kit,Window switch,heater,nitrous presure gauge.You will need to upgrade inectors and fuel pump.
Dave
Old 08-25-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

What injectors are you running? and what hp at the rear wheels? still on stock pump? With a dry and an auto, considering starting with a small hit, you can get away without a bottle heater, and window sw if your tranny can handle it. mail order tunes often add timing, so be carefull.
Robert
Old 08-25-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Regular

stock injectors and pump. have not dynoed the car after cam swap so i am not sure. did some more looking and thinking about the zex wet kit. seems to be what i am after. easy install and would be good for a small shot every now and then.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Zex is for sure an easy install, but if your thinking about the future at all, go for NX or TNT in the wet department. They often have killer deals.
Robert