Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alright guys I need your help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 06:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Alright guys I need your help.

Took the car to the dyno today with a 225 shot on it, was running a175 shot. My sytem is kind of a Frankenstein kit, NOS bottle, Zex N20 solenoid, NX Fuel solenoid, TNT Power Ring and nozzles, stand alone fuel system with Holley Blue pump running 10 psi.

Ok I dynoed the last time with what I thought were 200 shot pills and only made 175 extra on the spray. I posted here and someone from NX told me the pills I had were for a 175 shot. Ok so I moved the pills up what should have been 50 more hp but only gained about 185 rwhp on the dyno. The pill sizes were .82N and .67F. What gives with the only 10 hp increase with such a larger shot?? The A/F was ok on the spray, actually a little lean but not bad, so I dont think I had the pills out of whack. Anyone have any ideas??
Old 08-27-2005, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All manufacturers reccomended jet sizes are based off of using both of their solenoids. The only way you are going to get the correct jets is to use the same brand solenoids.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
All manufacturers reccomended jet sizes are based off of using both of their solenoids. The only way you are going to get the correct jets is to use the same brand solenoids.

I understand that but like I said I upped the pill size by 50 hp from the pills I had. I know it might not have been the amount of hp that they wee advertising but I should have went up by 50 hp and didnt, thats what Im confused about.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With it being a little lean as you say..it doesnt appear to be a nitrous restriction yet. I would say continue to work on the tuning by playing with jet sizes to get your AF ratio exactly where you want it. Are you pulling any timing...seeing any knock retard?

What gas?

What was the exact AF ratio?

WHat bottle pressure before and after the run?

Can you post a dyno graph with the AF on it?

As Elite Hot Rod said...you have such different components (specifically the noids and jets) that you will have to come up with your own jetting sizes. You are in the ballpark...now you need to tune it closer. I seem to see best power at ~11.5 on the juice. The difference of the same shot at 12.5 and 10.5 can be staggering...especially if timing is off a bit too.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:44 AM
10 Second Club

No knock retard and I am running about 25* on the spray. Im running 116 octane in a stand alone fuel system. The bottle pressure was about 950-1050 before the and didnt check it after but Im sure it was still the same. The A/F the last time I dynoed was about 12.5 but this time it was a tad over 13 so I I guess I need to up my fuel pill size. I dont understand why that would cause it to not pick up any power though. I can take a pic of the dyno sheet and post it up but Ill have to do it later as I cant get to a camera right now.