Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Switch Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 06:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Switch Wiring

I have the BMN window switch and I dont know anything about the brown brake wire or the white tachometer wire. Can somebody tell me where i can locate an easy place to tap into those wires? please be specific. thanks
Old 09-01-2005, 12:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bring the brown wire inside the car to the driver side. There is a panel under the steering wheel, go ahead and take that off. On top of the brake petal assembly there is a brake light switch. It has two wires coming off of it. Tap into the light blue with orange stripe wire.

Run the white tach wire over to the PCM (passenger side engine bay, in the upper corner). If you are installing this on your '01 pop the gray case off of the lower part of the PCM (if on a 1998 model you will need to pop the gray case off of the upper part of the PCM). Look for number 10 pin, a white wire (98 is white too, but pin 35). Tap into the white wire.

Matt

Originally Posted by mustgofasster
I have the BMN window switch and I dont know anything about the brown brake wire or the white tachometer wire. Can somebody tell me where i can locate an easy place to tap into those wires? please be specific. thanks