Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Product!!! Progressive Nitrous Controller

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 01:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Product!!! Progressive Nitrous Controller

Hey guys, check out our new progressive controller. It's got a pretty good base feature set at a nice price point; $299.99. We're going to do an Introductory Price of $279.99 until we start shipping; which is aprox 9/30/05. They are finishing up in manufacturing now and then they just have to be packaged. Follow this link for more info:

The HSW Edge Progressive Nitrous Controller

Let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 09-06-2005, 01:47 PM
Restricted User

Oh ****......might have to check this out. Anyway to run a two step into this for triggering the progressive start (release the two step and the nitrous sprays), or is that just a matter of wiring it into the relay?
Old 09-06-2005, 01:48 PM
FormerVendor

LOL. Sure. Shoot me a PM and we can go over it.

Matt

Originally Posted by CAT3
Oh ****......might have to check this out. Anyway to run a two step into this for triggering the progressive start (release the two step and the nitrous sprays), or is that just a matter of wiring it into the relay?
Old 09-06-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

how much is the wideband datalogging kit that you guys make?
Old 09-06-2005, 02:20 PM
TECH Addict

also there an option for Additional Solenoid Control what would you need this for?
Old 09-06-2005, 02:30 PM
FormerVendor

The unit can control 2 large solenoids out of the box. With the additional solenoid control it will allow you to pulse 4 large solenoids (like in a DP). You can add as many driver boxes as you like. PM being sent on the data logging / wideband option.

Matt

Originally Posted by red90cobra
also there an option for Additional Solenoid Control what would you need this for?
Old 09-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by red90cobra
Cliclked on the link and $20 additonal for the additonal Noid control, or can be had in 2 stages or triple play! Hell yeah!

Matt, I'm at work (Army) in Hawaii, unfortunately I have enough time to look at this, but cant call. Will try an email later today....
Old 09-06-2005, 02:37 PM
FormerVendor

Shoot me a email ( matthew@harrisspeedworks.com ) when you get a second with all your questions.

Originally Posted by CAT3
Cliclked on the link and $20 additonal for the additonal Noid control, or can be had in 2 stages or triple play! Hell yeah!

Matt, I'm at work (Army) in Hawaii, unfortunately I have enough time to look at this, but cant call. Will try an email later today....
Old 09-06-2005, 02:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

This looks VERY interesting! Seems like someone did their homework on what guys are looking for at a reasonable price. Please keep us (ME) informed on how these are working out in the world when they get there!
Nice stuff.....
Old 09-06-2005, 02:48 PM
FormerVendor

That was the goal. This product is going to evolve over time in the form of new versions with new features. When a new version is available there will be a very reasonable upgrade cost. There will be no buying of new hardware or anything like that.

Be on the look out, I'm be posting up some more real cool new products weekly over the course of the next month.

Matt

Originally Posted by Airwolf
This looks VERY interesting! Seems like someone did their homework on what guys are looking for at a reasonable price. Please keep us (ME) informed on how these are working out in the world when they get there!
Nice stuff.....
Old 09-06-2005, 02:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Progressive triple stage, now we're talking. I have looked at some of the others, but no support for a triple stage set-up. I am adding a 3rd stage and am partialy there allready, this will be much easier compared to a ws and two rpm activation sws. We will talk.
Robert
Old 09-06-2005, 05:05 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds good Robert. The Edge is very modular; if you were to use it with a dry shot you could use it to control 2 stages out of the box. You would not get a window switch for the 2nd stage if doing it this way, but it could be time delayed. Obviously there is always the option to add on a second or third stage with the upgrade (with TPS and window switch for all stages).

Matt
Old 09-06-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Resident

Can I freeze/boil/run over it?

No offense, but I don't see why anyone would want a tripple stage setup. Wouldn't that somehow defeat the purpose of the progression of progressive units? The only thing I can think of is direct port (DP) + wet + dry which is just insane. I think anyone running a DP shouldn't also run a wet shot since DP is so much more efficient and accurate. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

-somebody
Old 09-06-2005, 05:37 PM
FormerVendor

Ah, but what if you're doing a direct port with dual stages and a dry or wet shot on top of that? I know of one person doing it that way . It is an option anyway.

Matt

Originally Posted by Somebody09

No offense, but I don't see why anyone would want a tripple stage setup. Wouldn't that somehow defeat the purpose of the progression of progressive units? The only thing I can think of is direct port (DP) + wet + dry which is just insane. I think anyone running a DP shouldn't also run a wet shot since DP is so much more efficient and accurate. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

-somebody
Old 09-06-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

thats hella badass....i may have to pick one up.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Somebody09

-somebody
Its so much easier to run three stages then it is to prgressively controll solenoids, at least from a longevity standpoint. Also, its easier to setup a street car in three stages than one big all out shot. Think of drivetrain survivability, two ro three stages separated is easier than one humangus shot. Its a matter of taste, and preference. Por cont. shots give a nice flat torque curve though.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thats what I have been waiting for!! An affordable progressive controller! Something that doesn't cost as much as a whole kit!!!! Do you have any pictures of what the LCD screen looks like?
Old 09-06-2005, 09:06 PM
FormerVendor

I'm getting ready to take a few pictures now Josh. I'm also going to try to get a quick video of it in action tonight. Should have them posted tomorrow.

Matt

Originally Posted by XJOSHX
Thats what I have been waiting for!! An affordable progressive controller! Something that doesn't cost as much as a whole kit!!!! Do you have any pictures of what the LCD screen looks like?
Old 09-06-2005, 09:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i have a 6 speed so i would ove to have a progresive controller for the set up im thinking about

i saw on some competitors that they have a gear counting feature

does this have something like that or if it just work by time?

this seems like a great product guys keep up the good work

thanks

joe
Old 09-06-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
I'm getting ready to take a few pictures now Josh. I'm also going to try to get a quick video of it in action tonight. Should have them posted tomorrow.

Matt

sweet, can't wit to see them. How user friendly is it?