Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What shot to run??

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What shot to run??

I currently have a head and cam car with the 2002 injectors which are 28.8lb injectors and with my current tune they are running about 94% at wot. With my mods in sig will my sotkc fuel system be able to spray a 150 wet shot or should i go with a 100 or 125. I would like to get my dyno tune for a 150 shot and be able to switch out the 150 for a 100 until i am used to using nitrous, as i will be a first time user.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Your injector cycle has nothing to do with a Wet shot. As long as your fuel pressure is above 52PSI while spraying you will be fine. I personally would upgrade the pump to be on the safe side, but your injectors are not needed unless you just want to do it.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Since it will be one of my first times using nitrous, could i have the car tuned and set up for a 150-200 shot and use a progressive controller and only have it set to spray around a 100 shot until i was comfortable with using a larger shot? Or would that not be the thing to do since i will have less n/a power due the decrease in timing, b/c i think i am around 29degrees right now. And what is a good fuel pump to run if i was able to run the 150 to 200 shot?
Old 09-07-2005, 09:00 PM
FormerVendor

You could do it that way with the progressive controller, but I wouldn't recommend spraying it a lot if you decide to go that route. A progressive controller pulses the solenoids for a relatively short amount of time and then the solenoids are fully open when you hit 100% of the build time. When you don't go to 100% the solenoid will be constantly pulsed. As long as fuel and nitrous are flowing through the solenoids they won't overheat, but they will get a LOT of wear. Depending on what brand solenoids you have they may or may not be covered under warranty. You could always just swap the jets out to a lower size shot. A lot of people like the Racetronix fuel pump kits for there ease of installation. For more info on them:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/home.php?cat=330

Matt

Originally Posted by Jefro6996
Since it will be one of my first times using nitrous, could i have the car tuned and set up for a 150-200 shot and use a progressive controller and only have it set to spray around a 100 shot until i was comfortable with using a larger shot? Or would that not be the thing to do since i will have less n/a power due the decrease in timing, b/c i think i am around 29degrees right now. And what is a good fuel pump to run if i was able to run the 150 to 200 shot?
Old 09-07-2005, 10:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The duty cycle is high.However like airwolf said a wet system does not use the injerctors.I would still upgrade them though just for safety.If one of those injectors lock up from the high duty cycle you will have a problem.Also yes you could tune the car for a certain shot and only ramp up to a certain percentage and stop with the maximizer.I have several customers that have there set up to spray 300 on the track and on the street they just do not go to full ramp.It is harder on the solenoids however if you have the NX solenoids they were built to take the abuse.I have not had to warrenty one yet.
Dave
Old 09-08-2005, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is there a progressive controller that will allow me to run around a 100 shot for the street and a 200 shot when at the track, that will save both settings. i am also looking for something that can adjust the timing so that when i am not running nitrous i can still be around 30 degrees. Is there one controller that will allow me to do this and save the settings with ease of use. Also do the controller allow you to set the % of the shot by your gear chioce or is it only by a timed selection as i would rather have one that does this by gear choice b/c i would like to have it set by the gear so from a rool ont he street i can spray 100% and not have the controller want to wait 3 seconds until im out of firstgear.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:15 PM
FormerVendor

The Edge can do most of what you want. For the Timing you're going to have to run a LS1 Timing Tuner or build something yourself with resistors. There are a few controllers that allow you to set different percentages for different gears, but as far as I'm aware there isn't one that knows what gear you're currently in, so they assume that you are starting out in 1st gear and you might be in 3rd. So it won't do you much good going from a roll. With The Edge you can store 3 settings. The Edge has a LCD screen on it so you can quickly load your different saved settings.

Matt
Old 09-08-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I read up about your controller "the edge". I saw that it has an output for a timing tuner, but you said it has a digital screen to display the settings, but will the controller be able to controll a timing tuner or can it save different degrees of timing for when i am running a shot of nitrous or running n/a. I guess what i am asking is i would like to still run 30 degrees of timing when i am non aspirated but i would then like to be able to just turn on the progessive controller and select a setting that will also turn on the timing tuner for either a 100 shot or a 200 shot and be able to select my setings for either the track or the street.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:02 PM
FormerVendor

Sorry, I don't think I'm being clear. The Edge does not "talk" with the LS1 Timing Tuner. It has an output on it that can trigger it. All the timing adjustments are done via the LS1 Timing Tuner. When I was talking about the Edge's LCD screen I was talking about the settings on The Edge, it can't display the settings for the LS1 Timing Tuner.

You can do what you want with The Edge and LS1 Timing Tuner, but, and there is a but, you can't change the Timing Tuner setting on the fly. You will have to adjust the ***** on the LS1 Timing Tuner. Let me know if that makes sense or not.

Matt

Originally Posted by Jefro6996
I read up about your controller "the edge". I saw that it has an output for a timing tuner, but you said it has a digital screen to display the settings, but will the controller be able to controll a timing tuner or can it save different degrees of timing for when i am running a shot of nitrous or running n/a. I guess what i am asking is i would like to still run 30 degrees of timing when i am non aspirated but i would then like to be able to just turn on the progessive controller and select a setting that will also turn on the timing tuner for either a 100 shot or a 200 shot and be able to select my setings for either the track or the street.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Import Patrol

I never been in a car with n2o, I just put a nx 150shot on mine. Yes, it made my hairs on my arm stang up, so if u plan on going with a 150, go walls to the wall and put the 150shot, and let your heart beat carry you thru it
Old 09-09-2005, 08:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes it makes sense. I will have the car dyno tuned for nitrous since i am at about 13.1 a/f ratio right now and i will have the tuner set the timing with a timing tuner for my 150-200. I could then have the timing tuuner connect to the edge controller and have the timing tuner off when the edge is off allowing me run 30degrees timing while i am n/a and when the controller is on it will also turn on the timing tuner which will retard my timing to the selected degree, but it will not controll the timing tuner and will not save different degrees of timing for the different memory selections on the controller. All of this will work fine for me i just need to save up my money and figure out which nitrous kit i will purchase. Everyone says nitrous is the cheap way to go but for me it looks like it will be pretty expensive. Thanks for all of your help in clarifying all of my questions.

Last edited by Jefro6996; 09-09-2005 at 08:32 AM.