Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

purge plume

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default purge plume

finaly got darn purge set-up...looks awesome...what weather conditions or other variables need to be met for a huge plume cuz mine is just white at the tips of the purge line. any help would be cool
Old 09-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Restricted User

Sounds like your bottle is almost empty... Mine did the same thing once. It showed 1000psi but it was mainly air and not NOS
Old 09-08-2005, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

well the bottle was just filled...BUT the bottle has NO siphon tube inside...could that be a problem???? im thinkin thats the main thing! i have the master blaster purge set-up but no master blast lol the plastic lines are short to...what if the lines are ran farther???
Old 09-08-2005, 12:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Weather is the main contributing factor on the huge white plumes.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:15 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TUMBLRws6
well the bottle was just filled...BUT the bottle has NO siphon tube inside...could that be a problem???? im thinkin thats the main thing! i have the master blaster purge set-up but no master blast lol the plastic lines are short to...what if the lines are ran farther???
A bottle with no siphon tube is wortless. The whole idea is to spray liquid nitrous into the engine the purge is just to insure the liquid is to the solenoids. you will never see any liquid without a siphon tube unless the bottle is mounted upside down
Old 09-08-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i just figured that out lol i flipped it upside down and and freakin sprayed like a snow machine lol i got ****** ripped off NOBODY go to ATS performance in houston 1960 for nitrous stuff or advise....i dont think they know what they are talking about...just wasted about 90 bucks and they wont take returns only store credit...i drive a trans am...what the hell am i gonna do with 90 dollars at a shop that works imports...danm im pissed...anyway thanks for all the help!
Old 09-08-2005, 08:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Actually, you may be able to add a siphon tube to your bottle with a little effort. First, empty the bottle completely (I know this sucks, but maybe you can run it upside down till you are out). After the bottle is empty, mark the valve where you want it to be facing up, and then remove the valve assembly. Next check the bottom of the valve and see if there is a female thread in the bottom of the valve, most have it. If it is there, all you need is some NPT fittings (probably 1/4") which you can get from Home Depot or Ace. Also you will need some tubing the (1/2" ID size), the length of the bottle minus 1.5". Screw the fitting in (with red Loctite) and the tube to the fitting (again with the red loctite). Then give a slight bend to the tubing, to point away from the top you marked to keep the tube in the liquid. Add some red Loctite to the threads and re-install. Now you have a siphon tank for maybe $5.00 and a little of your time.
Hope this may help turn a losing situation into a winning one! Can't hurt
Old 09-09-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

what kind of tubing could i use for this...? thank you for the help by the way
Old 09-09-2005, 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry, I was thinking along the lines of a 1/2" aluminum tubing, thin wall. Worst case, same in brass or steel. I am "hoping" this would self tap with the 1/4" npt fitting (steel may be a problem) and then take back apart and use the red Loctite on the joint. I have done this with CO2 bottles that needed a siphon tube and had no trouble doing it.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

went to ACE hardware and was out in 5 minutes...put it all together at home in like 10 minutes and it WORKED! i took the old part back and got some store credit and bought a nitrous gauge lol it took only 5 bucks to make and they were gonna charge me 90 dollars. thanks so much for your help
Old 09-09-2005, 08:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TUMBLRws6
went to ACE hardware and was out in 5 minutes...put it all together at home in like 10 minutes and it WORKED! i took the old part back and got some store credit and bought a nitrous gauge lol it took only 5 bucks to make and they were gonna charge me 90 dollars. thanks so much for your help
Great! I am glad you did it! Very cool. Chalk one up to the good guys!!!