Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

finally

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally

allright i got my 100 shot hooked up and filled today and let me tell you it hits pretty hard!! my main questions are do i need a bottle heater, I live in phoenix so it is allways hot here. also i put a wot switch and a switch in my car so is it cool to drive around all day with the bottle open and then just close it at night?? is there anything i should no except dont turn it on under 2500 rpms. thanks for all your help.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

It is not suggested that you leave the nitrous silenoids under pressure for long periods of time, it may damage them.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:13 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by nostyta
It is not suggested that you leave the nitrous silenoids under pressure for long periods of time, it may damage them.
NX even recommends that you close the bottle between runs at the drap strip though I don't. I definitely wouldn't leave the bottle open all day. It might not hurt the solenoids, but why take a chance? Believe me when I tell you, a remote bottle opener is worth every penny of its cost. It takes 4 seconds to go from fully closed to fully open with the NX version.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:58 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I would recommend a heater - it is the best way to keep your pressure consistant. Even though it may be warm where you are when the pressure drops after a run you want to get the bottle back to pressure up quickly
The Dynotune Heater is the best on the market - Fully adjustable - turns on when pressure drops by 50 PSI - 300 watts - and $139.00 complete!
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=17
A remote bottle opener is awesome too - check out our full billet aluminum opener and the features we provide - no product comes close! $189.00 We also show a video on our site --- check it out! http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=16

Thanks,
Dean
Old 09-10-2005, 09:16 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DynotuneN2O
I would recommend a heater - it is the best way to keep your pressure consistant. Even though it may be warm where you are when the pressure drops after a run you want to get the bottle back to pressure up quickly
The Dynotune Heater is the best on the market - Fully adjustable - turns on when pressure drops by 50 PSI - 300 watts - and $139.00 complete!
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=17
A remote bottle opener is awesome too - check out our full billet aluminum opener and the features we provide - no product comes close! $189.00 We also show a video on our site --- check it out! http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=16

Thanks,
Dean
I have dynptune's bottle heater and its a great product i would def. get one!!
Old 09-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Teching In

cool i will prob order a heater and a remote opener then. am i safe as far as not having a window switch or anything to shut the nitrous off at high rpms in case or backfire. i dont have a tune or anything on the car only some intake stuff and a hooker exhaust.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dlovesfuel
cool i will prob order a heater and a remote opener then. am i safe as far as not having a window switch or anything to shut the nitrous off at high rpms in case or backfire. i dont have a tune or anything on the car only some intake stuff and a hooker exhaust.
I would suggest that you invest in a window switch, better to buy a window switch now than having to replace engine parts later.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

definitly get a window switch. I have seen Dynotune products in action in person and I am highly impressed. Thier bottle opener is one of the best on the market. Are you running a fuel pressure safety switch?
Old 09-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Teching In

yea i have a fuel pressure safety switch on the rail and my arming switch in my car. what brand window swithc should i get and are they easy to put in
Old 09-11-2005, 02:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dlovesfuel
yea i have a fuel pressure safety switch on the rail and my arming switch in my car. what brand window switch should i get and are they easy to put in
The wiring for all of them is basically the same and yes, they're easy to install. As to which one you should buy, take a look at my recent rpm window switch poll.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/375683-most-reliable-rpm-window-switch.html
Old 09-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Teching In

i just realized that i have a dry kit, i bought it on ebay and thought it was a wet kit but then after reading some stuff on here i realized it is a dry kit>> i am a dork... o well i am still allright yea??? i drilled the holes in the air box and everything and still didnt realize that my nitrous enters the system alone and not mixed with fuel. any new precautions for me.

Last edited by dlovesfuel; 09-11-2005 at 03:49 PM.