Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble shooting a NOS dry kit.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trouble shooting a NOS dry kit. needs to be operational by next tuesday for track!!

This is a question a friend of mine posted on corral. I posted it here for him because I know this forum has several nitrious experts.

I have a dry kit for my car, can't remember the model number, but it is the one for 99+ mustangs with returnless fuel systems. I had this working a couple months ago, and everything was picture perfect. Last time i got my bottle filled, i hooked it up, and nothing. The system still had power into the switch, and all of the fuses were good. I am having trouble figuring out which component of the system is bad, because they are all hooked together. I have a window switch, fpss, wot switch and the computer that tells the fuel pump to start sending more gas a split second before the system is activated. I can't really check the wot or the window switches because I don't know what order they get power in. Does the window switch tell the wot throttle to turn on, or vice versa?

Last edited by ls1greyhound; 09-15-2005 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

get ride of the FPSS and I never heard of the computer thing you speak of. I would get rid of both of them. Assuming you are talking about an LS1, the FPSS give all kinds of headaches.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Teching In

This is on an 01 cobra. The computer he spoke of is the central unit to this kit. Everything plugs into this cpu, so it can't be removed. Is there a way to test the fpss?