Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone tell me why I keep burning up the #7 spark plug?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can anyone tell me why I keep burning up the #7 spark plug?

I've sprayed a 200 shot on my car on just a few occasions (8.8:1 408ci). I haven't been able to tell if the number 7 spark plug is toast after just spraying once, or if it's when I spray back to back. So far I've replaced the plug twice. I've got a racetronix fuel pump and 42lb. injectors, but I do only have the stock fuel rails on my 99frc. Has anyone else heard of this problem? My shop says that they've got another guy w/an SS that's got stock fuel rails and he keeps burning the #7 spark plug. My shop thinks that upgrading the fuel rails will fix the problem and I agree w/them because comparing the stock fuel rail to an aftermarket fuel rail, it definitely seems to make sense. What do you guys think the problem is?Thanks a bunch!--Andy
Old 09-20-2005, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone w/any info.?
Old 09-20-2005, 04:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also check the spark plug wires for proper separation. The 5/7 combo is the most prone in the SBC for crossfire through induction. Put extra wire separators between these 2 wires so that they are 1/2" apart at all times.

This might help.

If it doesn't, I would also try moving the #7 injector to a different cylinder to see if the problem moves.

When you drive without spray, do you see any difference in the #7 plug?

Jim