Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with first spray!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question help with first spray!

Went down the road for the first spray. when I got to a good spot I hit it at 3500 in first and it felt good for a sec. then when I went to shift to 2nd it backfired on me. Well I let off and pulled of the road and checked under the hood and my lid had came loose, and that was the only thing I could see wrong. So I put it back on and went back down the road and try it again, but this time a went from 2nd and it hit fine worked all the way throw 4th. Could it have been air in the lines b/c I don't have purge to clear the line. The car still runs fine on motor and it doesn't show the ses light or anything else.Could you guys help me out on this one please? thanks slade
Old 09-21-2005, 01:45 AM
Teching In

you can purge it through the motor just rev over 3000 tap the button 2 times or so will clear the lines
Old 09-21-2005, 01:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

first off, I wouldn't purge thru the motor...could Fvck things up, better be safe than sorry. I purge when I put the bottle on. I take my lid off, get a buddy to hold the micro switch and rev her over 3000...few squirts and she's good to go. unless u've got leaks then u'll only need to purge once when u put a fresh bottle on.

we need more info on ur setup, do u have a window switch? stick or auto? if u don't have a window switch (which isn't cool if u have a stick...or even an auto) then how are u shifting with ur nitrous? I'm sure I'm missing more questions but someone else will step in and help a brotha out.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:33 AM
Teching In

it a m6 I don't have window switch and I have a zex wet kit 100 shot
Old 09-21-2005, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

u need a window switch, it's not cool to spray below 3000...seen that video of that yellow vette that blew at the line? next time it might not be ur lid, could be ur intake, TB, MAf, lid along with flames.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:08 AM
11 Second Club

NO window switch